Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, don't hit me with a TwistedTea!

How will a stock IS300 engine run with lower compression turbo pistons?
Also with stock can or upgrade turbo cam.
No other changes or tuning.

Read is I need to get the engine rebuild but building for boost. I just dont I can get all the turbo parts, ecu, etc. done right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
what the hell is TwistedTea?
Its “hard” iced tea. Tea with alcohol in it. But the references stems from a now viral recording of a drunk guy using racial slurs while standing in line at a store waiting to pay. He gets his ass beat by a guy 3x his size. It’s worth a Google just to see the can of tea smacked on dudes head. Guy showed great restraint in my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah just wanting to build my engine for turb, but wanna run it without turbo till I get everything.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Its “hard” iced tea. Tea with alcohol in it. But the references stems from a now viral recording of a drunk guy using racial slurs while standing in line at a store waiting to pay. He gets his ass beat by a guy 3x his size. It’s worth a Google just to see the can of tea smacked on dudes head. Guy showed great restraint in my opinion.
How does he even get up after that smack?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trust me I rather do everything once. I just want to get the block done and new so I have a solid engine. I just dont want the car down for long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The engine is getting tired. And I need to get a brand new clutch and transmisson swap in too. Clutch doesnt like me to much right now.

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300 slicktop
421 Posts
I've heard of people doing this in preparation of adding boost and they reported that the car was more sluggish but ran fine. I've never heard of anyone who bothered to quantify the difference in terms of dyno numbers or acceleration results, probably because it's demoralizing to intentionally make your car slower in order to make it faster later. But, I suspect it won't be a big deal when driving the car around normally, just might not pull through the mid-range with as much enthusiasm as stock. Good luck with your project/build!

Reactions: ill_mannered

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
k thats basically what Im figuring out. Those people you hear doing this, is this with cams?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can give you a little insight here -

I ran low compression Supra pistons and very aggressive cams while I was breaking in my fresh rebuild (before going to boost) and the car was an absolute DOG unless you got up to 6k+ RPMS. It sort-of lost all daily drivability, and drove pretty similarly to my V6 ford ranger... that being said, I'm running specific low compression Supra pistons (lower than stock Supra compression) and VERY aggressive cams (BC-276) so ymmv (pun intended).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts