Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I have just about everything listed out for myself, just trying to see what else I am missing. Ordered a few things here and there which im waiting on to get in, so just going to do this kit part by part.

The list can be found at www.lolinternet.com/car.xls

Anything else you folks can think of, that'd be great.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You would also need a headgasket [and ARP headstuds]. What type of numbers are you expecting?

For daily driver low boost, get a smaller turbo.

You want 300+ rwhp? I would suggest [this is my opinion] go standalone.

My opinion also is get a better boost controller.

This is from the top of my head.

I have a question though. Does that turbo fit that exhaust manifold without problems?

Also, where did you get that price for the injectors? I've been searching and haven't found it at that price.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
things you're missing
--------------------
6 injector clips
1 HKS BOV flange
1 vband clamp
1 T4 gasket
1 oil return gasket
1 1/2 NPT oil return flange
3 1/8 NPT to barb fitting (1 on turbo compressor housing and 2 on wastegate)
silicone vacuum line
a bunch of nuts & bolts

things to consider
-----------------
1 ARP head studs
1 lower compression headgasket
1 upgraded clutch
1 ignition amplifier
1 turbo blanket
1 roll of exhaust thermal wrap

You also don't need 5 ft stainless steel line for your oil feed, that's pretty long.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the suggestions, all are noted. As for the oil feed, how long would i need then... 3ft? 2?

What i am looking at is anywhere between 450 and 550 RWHP. Id go standalone, but ive read a lot of nightmares with standalones. True, the e-man Ultimate might take a bit more playing around with than usual to get it working right, but a lot of the features in it are what i am looking for, individual cyl trim, etc etc.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Seven said:
thanks for the suggestions, all are noted. As for the oil feed, how long would i need then... 3ft? 2?

What i am looking at is anywhere between 450 and 550 RWHP. Id go standalone, but ive read a lot of nightmares with standalones. True, the e-man Ultimate might take a bit more playing around with than usual to get it working right, but a lot of the features in it are what i am looking for, individual cyl trim, etc etc.
like what for example? :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aemjr said:
I have a question though. Does that turbo fit that exhaust manifold without problems?

Also, where did you get that price for the injectors? I've been searching and haven't found it at that price.
Yeap, it does fit the manifold, and the injectors i have hookups over at sound performance here in illinois.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now that i take a closer look at this, it seems a few things didnt save the last few times i changed it.. Will have that page updated later today.

Once i get all that fixed, maybe add this to a sticky somewhere. Will give people a truely realistic idea of what in all is involved in a turbo setup, as well as prices, and what a little searching around on the net will do *not just this site.*

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, i know rod, larry, as well as Chris with a green SC300 who did the 2jz-GTE swap and runs twins. Im going to stay with the E-M Ultimate for now and learn off this, even if i keep the boost down to stay safe with changing everything around till i am happy. This isnt going to be a racecar just yet.

And as for standalone, as the other thread says, and im going to leave it at this, as we dont need multiples of the same thing: You dont need standalone just to run high HP figures with boost. Emanage has proven that you can do it on the old version. The new version should give you just that much more ability to change things around.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Seven said:
but ive read a lot of nightmares with standalones.
you never answered my question...which nightmares? seems to me the nightmares tend to be with people with other EMS's....perhaps you are confused?

E-manage might suffice...but you have SP at your finger tips, and Larry prob can tune the Haltech much better then an e-manage, and he has the experiance...I wouldnt pass that up.....do whatever you want though, it is you're money

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
your IC piping is gonna cost 300 bucks?

Take a lot of the prices you have. Tack on 20-30% to be safe. Then you'll have an ok estimate.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^ theres always going to be un-thought-of problems

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
soph: www.atpturbo.com is where i was getting the IC piping from. I have my sources listed in the shipping section on where im getting everything.

mike: yeap, that is always expected, such as *random bolts and nuts* that i just wont know about till i start working on it, as well as things breaking in the process.

TSOP: i know you were reading the earlier post going on about the standalone war with people having problems getting sensors to work correctly and the like. There is a person here in chicago having problems right now with the crank position sensor on his E6X, and a few other things. Car woud idle very rough, and couldnt rev over 3500.

You all must understand, different people are wanting different things. Could i go with standalone if i wanted? Yes. Though, i am choosing E-Manage. Its A: Cheaper, and B: proven at the current time.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
updated the list.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my bad, that was included in another file on my work computer. 20 bucks isnt too big of a deal :)

As for the clutch mentioned earlier, look under the *transmission* tab

1 - 16 of 16 Posts