Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup fellas?!?! Just registered to the site but been getting info on it for over a year now. first off... n e meets in orange county CA? and ive had my is300 for bout 2 years now... did a lil work on the outside... rims, lights n what not... did some on the inside... in dash system... i wanted to keep in tame and i have for a while now... almost 2 years... saw my car on youtube... now im feinding for some forced induction! i tried to stop the addiction for wanting more when i had my 2001 bmw 330i got rid of that... love my IS now...thing is... im a college student... got about 3 years left... my is300 is a daily driver... its an automatic. couldnt find a stick for sale. now i know turbos can be a little harsher on your engine than a supercharger... but im down to try out either one... i just want the most reliability in what i get. n e suggestions on how i should set my car up properly? i want to get to at least 333hp... so i can beat some m3's roaming around... but i want to do it safely. Please help me out on some advise on how i should set up either system. i mean theres your kit with intercooler piping wastegate n what not... what else would i need with either system to get into run safely with some real hardcore realiable horsepower.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
:popcorn:
uh oh a another turbo VS. supercharger thread

·
Registered
641 Posts
have you tried using the search icon up top. im sure this question has been discussed before...although in my opinion id go turbo because you can increase/decrease boost level to your liking. low when just cruisin, andcrank it up when you see that m3. :) and plus I've heard a lot of people say "the IS was made for a turbo" im sure theres a reason...

·
Registered
260 Posts
You should look into getting a two seater coupe. Those are more likely to handle a heavy engine tuning more than a car that was intended for the sporty compact "luxury" market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts