Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
that auction looks pretty legit. I wish I could afford that shit!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
although i don't know the auction owner on a person to person basis, based on my online experience with him, i would say he is legit

-gte

·
Registered
118 Posts
Turbo kit

Yes guys it is legit.My IS300 is the one in the toyomoto site.This kit has all top of the line parts.My name is Douglas and you can call me at anytime at 303-505-9933.I also have lots of other parts that Im selling,go to the sale/trade,they are under alex1722.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
but with that huge ass turbo kit....don't we need tranny upgrades or possible tranny swap on the 01' auto ISs? :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
turbo

I dont understand who said is used.Please read the link again,is as clear as can be.My IS300 was the one that made 325rwhp with 378tq.....
My car was never turbocharged.

·
Registered
118 Posts
turbo kit

LexIS307,if you are not intereted in the turbo kit is ok but dont ruin it for everybody else with legitimate questions.Do a back ground check on the seller which happens to be a very good friend of mine.No bs here like you claim....

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
My question is why would you go with such a big turbo with only a 2mm headgasket spacer? That sounds like a bad idea. A 3mm headgasket spacer drops the compression to 9.0:1, but what would a 2mm drop the compression to? Can you even justify a turbo that big since you will never be able to run any higher level of boost.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LexIS307 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873739368

is this bs....?????
i pmed you with my response, i was checking the trueness of the ebay auction, i was not bad talking the auction or the kit in any way... i asked if it was bs and if was true or not,....you need to read whats on the screen and not what you think i said.....i never said it was bs i said, IS THIS BS>>?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wxman said:
My question is why would you go with such a big turbo with only a 2mm headgasket spacer? That sounds like a bad idea. A 3mm headgasket spacer drops the compression to 9.0:1, but what would a 2mm drop the compression to? Can you even justify a turbo that big since you will never be able to run any higher level of boost.
"bad Idea" :crazy: hmmmm, Ok (I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion). But for now I'll just stick to the facts!

1. An internal comustion engine can be compared to an air compressor (the more air that you move the more power you make)

2. From fact #1 comes fact #2, when making more power it's the volume of air NOT :shame: the amount of pressure that air is compressed too that makes power

3. From fact #2 comes fact #3, you don't need to run XXlbs of boost to make good power. With the correct size turbo, realistic boost levels can make good power.

No flames guys, just stating some facts.

I've got pix of the turbo in the car if anybody would like to see them.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
alex1722 said:
i just want to see 'em cause i love turbo IS pics. so stop teasing and post them up! :) good luck with the sales

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
alex1722 said:
Wxman said:
"bad Idea" :crazy: hmmmm, Ok (I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion). But for now I'll just stick to the facts!

1. An internal comustion engine can be compared to an air compressor (the more air that you move the more power you make)

2. From fact #1 comes fact #2, when making more power it's the volume of air NOT :shame: the amount of pressure that air is compressed too that makes power

3. From fact #2 comes fact #3, you don't need to run XXlbs of boost to make good power. With the correct size turbo, realistic boost levels can make good power.

Dude you obviously have some issues here. I was simply asking a question about using a 2 mm headgasket spacer. Now lets be honest with each other, people don't go running around using T-70's running 7 lbs of boost. The lag on a turbo that size can only be justified if the hp you make at higher boost levels justify its use. Anyway, that was my concern.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nitrous
Wxman said:
alex1722 said:
Wxman said:

Dude you obviously have some issues here. I was simply asking a question about using a 2 mm headgasket spacer. Now lets be honest with each other, people don't go running around using T-70's running 7 lbs of boost. The lag on a turbo that size can only be justified if the hp you make at higher boost levels justify its use. Anyway, that was my concern.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
21 Participants
ITP
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing