Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure exactly what turbo kit it is, but i have a turbo kit for an SC300 GE motor. it is a T4 and not an ebay one, but it looks almost cast manifold with the waste gate 38mm being on top and the turbo sitting lower.

do you know if all or most turbo kits off of sc300 GE will fit the IS300 GE?

thanks

ps- also what turbo kit is out there that will fit a PTE 76gts with a 4" downpipe?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
i'm not sure exactly what turbo kit it is, but i have a turbo kit for an SC300 GE motor. it is a T4 and not an ebay one, but it looks almost cast manifold with the waste gate 38mm being on top and the turbo sitting lower.

do you know if all or most turbo kits off of sc300 GE will fit the IS300 GE?

thanks

ps- also what turbo kit is out there that will fit a PTE 76gts with a 4" downpipe?
sc kits on our GE engines will need the ABS block and lines moved/relocated because the exh. manifold with the turbo on it will be dangerously close.

·
Registered
960 Posts
sc kits on our GE engines will need the ABS block and lines moved/relocated because the exh. manifold with the turbo on it will be dangerously close.
don't most of the kits out there for our GE engine require you to move the ABS block anyway? At least that's how my SRT manifold is

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Jason, a SC300 or NA Supra manifold has the T4 flange angled to allow the intake to clear the distributor. You'll find that angle can cause the turbo to touch an ABS line thus melting it. This happened to a friend of my with a Toyomoto tubular manifold and GT35R turbo a few years ago. The newer Toyomoto tubulars are angled correctly for the IS now.

To answer a few more of your questions in the PM you sent me, I don't know what is available to accomodate a 76GTS and 4" downpipe. With my 3" downpipe, I'm awfully close to the heater hoses. It's possible to fit a 4" in my car if I cut down the lines though not sure about other setups though since I have a BL manifold. I'm not sure if anyone is running a 76GTS on a generic Ebay Toyomoto style tubular as well. The biggest I know of on a BL manifold for the IS is a T67. And yes there is a plug & play AEM for the IS. Good luck on finding a 5 speed IS.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Lamp, my 3" downpipe sits pretty close to the lines and not really sure if a 4" would be able to clear everything. I can take pictures of my DP if you'd like. (it's from SRT as well)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wuld like to check out the pictures as well so I can see what you're talking about. My turbo and manifold clears the ABS block and line (doesn't touch it at all). As for my DP, I changed out the heater hose for a shorter one, reinforced to withstand heat. It just barely sits above my 3" DP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts