gauges 52mm $256.00
guage pod 52mm $99.00
ARP head stud kit $160.00
Greddy PSI sensor $150.00
Executive performance $2,200.00
1000 cc injectors $200.00
colder spark plugs $50.00
TOTAL FOR EVERTHING $9,829.00

This is what i am planning on doing i was wondering if i need anything else this is goind on a IS300 5-spd

The gauges will be EGT, Fuel Pressure, Boost

Is there anything else that i will need????

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
what is: Executive performance $2,200.00 ??

if thats an install price, thats a rip off... :lol:
Marc, I payed 2 grand for my complete install. But then again it was a loooot more shit then just a turbo kit. Not to forget that the head is going to have to come off for the headgasket install.

TBKO charges 1500 for their install. But they also charge 150 an hour for tuning which is a lot... Not to mention, their install price does not include any extras like the installation of the exhaust, gauges wiring and pod, turbo timer, boost controller, and clutch. After you add in all those other extras, the price of 2200 doesn't seem that bad.

However, personally, I would not pay more then 2grand tuned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Executive performane is the shop that i will have do the install, that price includes install of turbo, do the head gasket, exhaust, guages, electronics and tune it all. And they are suppost to be one of the best turbo shops in KC

The car has 30k miles on it

kevin

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
sly1typeS said:
Executive performane is the shop that i will have do the install, that price includes install of turbo, do the head gasket, exhaust, guages, electronics and tune it all. And they are suppost to be one of the best turbo shops in KC

The car has 30k miles on it

kevin
If you have 30k on your car, you may want to look into doing the flywheel at the same time. I suggest replacing the stock flywheel with another stock flywheel rather than a lightweight one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what all does the TBKO clutch package come with??

Why not go with a lighter flywheel??

Do you think the tranny will handle 300rwhp daily and 400rwhp on the weekends?? Or what about doing a W58 swap how much will they handle?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
sly1typeS said:
what all does the TBKO clutch package come with??

Why not go with a lighter flywheel??

Do you think the tranny will handle 300rwhp daily and 400rwhp on the weekends?? Or what about doing a W58 swap how much will they handle?

Kevin
stay with the stock wheel for now, and when you eventually break your tranny (maybe you wont) then maybe go with a lightened FW.
300 is pretty safe, 400 and your pushin it. W58 should take 400 ok but still jus a quick fix and cheap.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what all is coming with your turbo kit? internally or externally regulated? intercooler? blow off valve? manifold? theres alot there to think about and theres alot of parts there. and there is no way you need 1600cc injectors or even 1000cc injectors 800cc or even 440cc injectors would get the job done just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the tbko kit comes w/the 1600cc injector, does it not? why did you include the 1000cc injectors?
The TBKO kit comes with a 1600cc injector,but jeff said you can run more boost like 14-15psi if you have 2- 1000cc injectors.

what all is coming with your turbo kit? internally or externally regulated? intercooler? blow off valve? manifold? theres alot there to think about and theres alot of parts there. and there is no way you need 1600cc injectors or even 1000cc injectors 800cc or even 440cc injectors would get the job done just fine.
I think the kit comes pretty complete but you can check it out at www.tbko.com

kevin[/quote]

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
IST said:
the tbko kit comes w/the 1600cc injector, does it not? why did you include the 1000cc injectors?

also, might want to throw in an o2 sim unless you don't mind looking at the cel.
I believe the turbo kits come with TWO 1000cc injectors
The supercharge stage I comes with one 1000cc and stage II replaces it with a 1500cc injector.

Also, he could replace the stock injectors with 440cc

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Just a heads up...

If you upgrade your clutch to a 6-puck...and are adding a lightened flywheel...it will not be as "streetable" as the average person might want. I have both and it is really tough to drive smooth in traffic. Also, you will have to rev match in order to get off a clean/quick shift. The rpm's on mine drop so fast between shifts, I often have a hard time getting it into the next gear without rev matching.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I still don't understand why the injectors are so big, seems like overkill to me, but I am sure there is a reason for their choice.

Sounds like your on the right path, but your calculations don't add up to me, your paying almost $11K for 300-400rwhp, you could buy a complete kit from a few other companies for $10K - $12K which would give you more power than that, and I think the install is included.

But your running into Tranny issues, I busted my 5sp on 11psi which is 390rwhp and I was driving easy, don't expect your tranny to last long at all.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Freelance said:
I still don't understand why the injectors are so big, seems like overkill to me, but I am sure there is a reason for their choice.

Sounds like your on the right path, but your calculations don't add up to me, your paying almost $11K for 300-400rwhp, you could buy a complete kit from a few other companies for $10K - $12K which would give you more power than that, and I think the install is included.

But your running into Tranny issues, I busted my 5sp on 11psi which is 390rwhp and I was driving easy, don't expect your tranny to last long at all.
Randy, I thought the same thing. PHR is 11.5K installed and dyno tuned (same kit as mine). Maybe it is a distance thing? Plus kits like toyo or PHR don't include guages, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Freelance said:

the injectors are for the additional injector setup...maybe you have that confused w/6 large primary injectors?

he's adding in over $2000 worth of items that most other tuners don't include - clutch, exhaust, gauges, etc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.