Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Commerce tonight with this chick that i met today. We were sitting in my car in the Wal-Mart parking lot parked next to hers. Next thing i know about 5 cars pull up in the parking lot and its a younger crowd and they parked only one lane over from us. It was an 80 model Gt hatchback style mustang, Saleen (GT with a Saleen body kit), SVT Cobra, Silverado lowered with exhaust and another GT. I was debating on dropping the girl off and going on home but i decided to leave the parking lot with her with me. As i was pulling away one of the guys came running up to my car and asked if i wanted to race. He said his friend was gonna let him race with his car if he could talk me into racing (no talking into for me to race). He said he it was a bone stock 302 so i said aight. We drove to a long ass straightaway on a backroad and went from a dig. He was the one blowing the horn to start it and i took him off the line (he was an automatic). Switched from 2nd to 3rd and had him by a car length. I pulled from start to finish and ended up being about 4 CL's in front of him when i slowed down at 100. Then we went from a 30mph roll and he got the jump cuz he just blurted out "GO" whenever he reached 30mph. He got me by about a car length cuz of his start but i quickly reeled him. It was priceless watching his face out of the window as i passed him. I ended up about 2 CL's ahead when i slowed down around 80 cuz the road was ending. We got back to the Wal-Mart parking lot and kept complimenting me on my car and how sweet it sounded as i passed him. He also said i should start coming up there and taking ppl's money, 500 a race.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice kill. It's so pretty to see a muscle car at WOT get walked by an IS.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JaysonMFK said:
lol, next week we will here about NiNe losing 500 dollars to that mustangs older brother.
nah, i dont plan on putting up money just to race unless i KNOW i can win. Even then i'm still a bit iffy about it. But who knows, maybe so, maybe not.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think, could i take the GT or the SVT? Also the Silverado has a built 318 in it and the other guy was saying it was pretty quick. He also said i should be able to take the GT (saleen kit) off the line cuz he would spin but he'd probably catch back up. I'm probably going to be spending more time in Commerce cuz of the girl i met so i'm guessing i'll run into the same crowd again.

·
Registered
557 Posts
SVT? Prob not even a stock one. Those street racing guys are ruthless and clever as hell. You might not know and race a full size chevy truck that looks stock that runs ten's. (Parish's truck). Alot of street racers squeeze so they mile an hour really high and reel you in quick, even if you got a little dig. One guy I knew ran a 96 camaro, stock looking, on DR's did 11.7 at 124 at the track, handed ass after ass in street racing because who the hell traps 124 on the street? His only weapon was a 250 shot, of course... till the engine blew up. hahaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts