Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Sound Performance in Bloomingdale getting my downpipe on my Supra swapped for emissions (btw-it passed after two tries). On the lift I noticed a silver IS300 auto, with Rmm kit molded in and some 19inch IForged wheels. It had the PF turbo kit. I talked to my guys Ivan and Max and they said the stock GE block blew so they threw in a GTE block. The car was really nice. Just wanted to know if the owner is on here. Peace

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lexustcy said:
thats my car hopefully it will be done soon thanks for the compliment
your car is very nice!! I couldn't believe it when Ivan said it was auto also. We definitely gotta meet up sometime soon..Peace..Mack

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
lexustcy said:
I work across the street/pond.
SP is like a couple hundred feet away.
If you want I can check up on your car at lunch or something ;-)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goldark said:
lexustcy said:
from what i saw the car was close to being finished. That PF kit looks very clean. I think i may get one later...How much boost were you running when you had that little accident with the GE block?

·
Registered
207 Posts
MAmornIS said:
goldark said:
lexustcy said:
from what i saw the car was close to being finished. That PF kit looks very clean. I think i may get one later...How much boost were you running when you had that little accident with the GE block?
They only need to tune the car and it will be done. I don't know what the boost was at because I was not driving the car, my cousin was detailing the car and went for a 30 mile beat run with it. Cheap gas and too much boost and there goes a piston. I'd like to make it to at least one meet this year

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lexustcy said:
MAmornIS said:
goldark said:
lexustcy said:
They only need to tune the car and it will be done. I don't know what the boost was at because I was not driving the car, my cousin was detailing the car and went for a 30 mile beat run with it. Cheap gas and too much boost and there goes a piston. I'd like to make it to at least one meet this year
dood!!! That totally sucks...especially since you weren't the one who broke it. I'd be disowning my cousin if it were me..Glad everything is coming back together. We'll definitely meet up sometime. Peace

·
Registered
102 Posts
lexustcy said:
MAmornIS said:
goldark said:
lexustcy said:
Why don't you come by the pool/bbq party on Aug 2nd?

I wouldn't mind checking out your kit. I saw your car when I was at Sound Performance few weeks ago and thought its one of the people who work there. Looks pretty nice. I'm curious about the reliability of the car myself since sometime in Aug. I'm getting a turbo kit myself.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I cant make the party I have a wedding to go to I wouldnt mind going to the track if you guys are still going on the 3rd. Let me know

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think we need to set up a little turbo IS race..just for show.
As far as I know, you and I are the only ones out here with 'em.

·
Registered
207 Posts
apoji187 said:
I think we need to set up a little turbo IS race..just for show.
As far as I know, you and I are the only ones out here with 'em.
sounds like a good idea I'm still breaking in the new block I hope to have enough miles on it by the 3rd when they go to the track Maybee you can make it too?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea, hopefully we can set something up soon,
no rush though - I'm getting used to a few improvements of my own -
if not the 3rd at least the weekend after or something.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can i join in on the racing fun? My IS isn't turbo, but you guys can run my Supra..Should be a good time..Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts