Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone in Cali Had any problems with going forced induction on there IS and keeping it a Daily Driver?:suspiciou

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have mine as a DD but I am located in the Bay Area. From what I can tell, socal is much more strict on CARB laws etc. Anyways, I have not had any problems with cops thus far. It took a few tries to find a smogger but after that, everything has gone amazingly well. As long as your car is a sleeper and you don't drive crazy, you should be fine. My IS currently has IS350 wheels + Greddy lip. My FMIC is showing but my exhaust is still stock so it doesn't attract much attention!

Goodluck in your decision!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
mine is not my dd, but i have gotten pulled over for speeding and no front lic. plate-still deciding if i should mount it somewhere. cop did ask me to pop my hood, thankgod

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
DD here. Haven't had any issues as a DD and it doesn't attract any unwanted attention.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Most of time, cops do not pull you over to inspect for illegal devices installed unless you're giving them a probable cause to pull you over. I.E., loud exhaust, slammed suspension, funky color of paint job, loud BOV right when they're next to you....etc. As long as you're not doing anything out of ordinary (no apparent violations such as swerving or having dark tints on), cops usually just follow you around and/or leave you alone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Most of time, cops do not pull you over to inspect for illegal devices installed unless you're giving them a probable cause to pull you over. I.E., loud exhaust, slammed suspension, funky color of paint job, loud BOV right when they're next to you....etc. As long as you're not doing anything out of ordinary (no apparent violations such as swerving or having dark tints on), cops usually just follow you around and/or leave you alone.
yeah, i hate it when they pull the "follow this dude around/scare the shit out of him for ten minutes then leave him alone." i'm not turbo'd or anything, but i do have tints/exhuast, but i don't drive crazy/stupid even when they're not around so i guess luck's on my side... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts