Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after work me and a buddy decided to see how my newly installed TE budget kit faired up against his LS1. Well he has a new transmission, not sure what kind, but it's geared for high torque, and that's it. Now my car is running around 300-320rwhp so we thought this would be an interesting match.

We decided to race from a dig on an old road that no one is ever traveling on. One of our friends does the 3 count and we take off. Let me first say that i'm acually very impressed at how well a boosted IS does off the line. I spun tires a little bit in first and he took me off the line, as i kind of expected. Around 3rd gear however is when i comensed the a$$ whoopin. I drove past him at a pretty surprising rate, and not long after i was looking at his tail lights about 5-6 car lengths behind me after i let off the gas at about 140+mph (kindda hard to look at your gauge and the road). I know this thread sucks without pics or vids, but i don't have a digi cam. Hopefully i can borrow a friends in the future for such event.

He was impressed and so was I. Frankly i expected to win, but not by that margin. A boosted IS is truely a contender for any V8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
Awesome man. So from what you desribed, it took you off the line but you passed him later. Hi torque, not to dog, but what the heck does that mean? Auto w/ hi stall? or ? It may have done nothing to increase performance. Also was this a 6sp. or auto LS1? Did the ls1 owner feel it was a good run for him? How much $ have you invested in your TE kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanielIS300 said:
Awesome man. So from what you desribed, it took you off the line but you passed him later. Hi torque, not to dog, but what the heck does that mean? Auto w/ hi stall? or ? It may have done nothing to increase performance. Also was this a 6sp. or auto LS1? Did the ls1 owner feel it was a good run for him? How much $ have you invested in your TE kit?
Sorry i did forget to metion he was an auto with a stall, also this was a convertable so i imagine there was a little extra weight to factor in. He told me that the only thing he did that hurt him was spin his tires a little at the beggining. I have nearly 6k in the kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
wingzero said:
nice, come January, I should FINALLY join the boosted IS club...I can't wait. get to the track and gets some slips...are you auto or manual? did you do the install or did a shop do it?
what you decide to get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Nice kill! How much boost are you running, or were you running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the kit installed by TE last week and it's running trouble free so far, I run on 7.5lbs of boost. My car is an auto, the only upgrades i have done to the tranny is a VB upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
I had the kit installed by TE last week and it's running trouble free so far, I run on 7.5lbs of boost. My car is an auto, the only upgrades i have done to the tranny is a VB upgrade.

You couldn't ask for better results. That's awesome, man. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Great kill! I can't wait to get my budget kit installed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,822 Posts
Orangetang21 said:
I drove past him at a pretty surprising rate, and not long after i was looking at his tail lights about 5-6 car lengths behind me after i let off the gas at about 140+mph
:suspiciou You mean he was looking at your tails? ;)

Nice kill bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
nice, good to here the IS winnin
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top