Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So me and a friend are in the middle of a NA-T turbo install using the CX racing turbo kit. We've run into a small roadblock though. My questions are below:

1. What's the best way to feed oil to the turbo? The kit came with a sandwich plate for the oilfilter, but I'm not a fan of feeding the oil from the oil filter because the threads are very loose and I'm afraid it's going to leak quite a bit there. I hear people tap into by the oil pressure sensor? Is this a better solution? What size t-pipe connector would be required?

2. We're planning to drill into the oil pan to drain the oil. I came across this kit that comes with a flange on Amazon (Single Turbo Oil Feed Line Kit Flange Kit for Toyota Supra 1JZGTE 2JZGTE 1JZ/2JZ, Turbochargers - Amazon Canada) . Is it better to use a flange (drilling 3 holes) or to just use a tap that would only require the single hole?

3. The previous Amazon link comes with the oil feed flange that they say bolts onto the block. Where exactly would it bolt?

4. The kit came with this. Not sure what exactly this is for... Do I even need this?

5. What is this for and what would this connect to? Is this for the boost gauge if I get one?

6. I see there's 2 spots that I'm pretty confident for the oil drain and oil feed. However, there's two other holes that I'm assuming is for cooling but I want to confirm. The kit came with banjo bolts that fit perfectly here. If it's for cooling, where is the best spot to tap into the cooling system?

IMG_20210421_145026.jpg

·
Registered
926 Posts
1. I’d use a 1/8bspt male x 1/8bspt female x 1/8 npt female Tee. They’re on eBay and Amazon. You’d take the stock oil pressure sender out of the block, then screw the tee in. Then put the sender and the oil feed into the tee.

2. Either one will work. Drilling and tapping for the single hole is less work.

3. Not sure? Maybe the kit is for a GTE block? It would have an factory oil feed port for the turbo. I’m not aware of anywhere on a GE you can feed oil from without adapters.

4. ? looks like a thread x slip adapter. Maybe for a drain?

5. For the wastegate signal line.

6. Yep for water cooling. I wouldn’t bother unless you have to for the turbo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi All,

So me and a friend are in the middle of a NA-T turbo install using the CX racing turbo kit. We've run into a small roadblock though. My questions are below:

1. What's the best way to feed oil to the turbo? The kit came with a sandwich plate for the oilfilter, but I'm not a fan of feeding the oil from the oil filter because the threads are very loose and I'm afraid it's going to leak quite a bit there. I hear people tap into by the oil pressure sensor? Is this a better solution? What size t-pipe connector would be required?

2. We're planning to drill into the oil pan to drain the oil. I came across this kit that comes with a flange on Amazon (Single Turbo Oil Feed Line Kit Flange Kit for Toyota Supra 1JZGTE 2JZGTE 1JZ/2JZ, Turbochargers - Amazon Canada) . Is it better to use a flange (drilling 3 holes) or to just use a tap that would only require the single hole?

3. The previous Amazon link comes with the oil feed flange that they say bolts onto the block. Where exactly would it bolt?

4. The kit came with this. Not sure what exactly this is for... Do I even need this?
View attachment 137787

5. What is this for and what would this connect to? Is this for the boost gauge if I get one?
View attachment 137789

6. I see there's 2 spots that I'm pretty confident for the oil drain and oil feed. However, there's two other holes that I'm assuming is for cooling but I want to confirm. The kit came with banjo bolts that fit perfectly here. If it's for cooling, where is the best spot to tap into the cooling system?

View attachment 137788

1) sandwich plates work fine, but you can tap into the oil pressure switch if you want. Those use a 1/8" NPT thread so you'll need a male/female tee with the other end being whatever your feed line is going to be.

2) if you can get to it, use the drain flange that CXRacing sells that goes into the factory upper oil pan. You just need to drill one large center hole, then drill and tap two smaller holes and you have a very sturdy flange that is above the running oil level. Link here:

Then you'll need to run this drain from the turbo:

4) not sure. Mine came with that and I didn't use it.

6) those two banjo bolts are for the cooling. Easiest place to tap into is the heater core hoses coming off the firewall right next to the turbo.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,497 Posts
1. Answered above. Both methods work well.

2. The kit was made for you to use the piece in question #4 as a drain for the turbo. In which case you would drill and tap the factory oil drain that’s in the upper oil pan and use that single piece to attach the drain too. If you don’t want to use that piece pictured in question #4, then you can run that flange kit you found on Amazon.

3. They should’ve said upper oil pan as the flange with the small inlet is for the turbo feed side of the turbo and the larger flanged pieces (x2) are for the turbo drain side and the other gets affixed to the upper oil pan (they said block which is wrong) via drilling 3 holes. The larger center hole and two smaller holds to boot the flange to the upper oil pan.

4. See response #2 above.

5. This is for wastegate reference. A vacuum line should run to the bottom of the gate from this port.

6. You are correct. The two you have labeled are for oil cooling, the others are for water cooling. I don’t plan on using the water cooling aspect. You can use them if you want or cap them off. I find that oil cooling has been sufficient for every aftermarket turbo setup I have ever installed over the years.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@ill_mannered what size fitting would that be for the coolant if I want to cap it? Is that an AN6 or AN8?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts