Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This 'performance/tuner' shop has done just about everything wrong with my turbo install/tune and i want to firebomb their shop:pissed: Latest issue: while installing an adjustable cam gear, they sent me this photo of the progress(they did all this 'work' back in november)

After posting this pic on the forum, i was told that this was clearly the wrong setting for FI. I told the shop about this, and they said they would fix it.
Today, my new shop/tuner(who is double-checking everything they have done), told me about that the setting did not seem right. It was the exact same setting that was in the pic!!! Aside from this, they gave me the car with two of the 02sensors off, numerous boost leaks were identified, they made me buy new injectors from them as the RC440's that i supplied 'did not fit', there is a leak from the oil return line, intercooler pipes are zip-tied to the sway bar(is that normal?),
I eventually brought the car back to fix the leaks. Once i got it back, i brought it to my new shop and sure enough, the same leaks were present. my new shop was also able to install the injectors i supplied with no problem. This place also told me my blitz BC was causing mad spikes and wasnt safe,but they never changed the connection to the wastegate to only run on the 7lb spring!
To sum it all up, i had shoddy work done on my car, and worst of all, my car was 'tuned' with an advanced cam gear setting and numerous boost leaks. im glad they only replaced the HG as far as engine work goes. So now im stuck having to have all this work done again and dish out more $$$! I'm posting this because im super frustrated and i don't want anyone in my area to bring their rides there!!
In a situation like this, can legal action be taken to possible re-coup some of the money i paid for all this work to be done that was done wrong??

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Was the the shop responsible for fabbing the kit or was it a prebuilt kit? You're not that far from Maryland, why not have SRT or PFS look at it. To mean it sounds like this could end up to be a major problem if the tune isn't done right.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i dont think you'll be able to take legal action unless you can prove what they did wrong. i may be wrong though. but sorry to hear about your misfortune. i just hope that doesnt happen to my car when i drop it off at the shop. + rep for your bad luck. hope it all works out.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Recouping? Honestly, it's not worth the money or effort. It's custom modification, you will lose some and win some.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the the shop responsible for fabbing the kit or was it a prebuilt kit? You're not that far from Maryland, why not have SRT or PFS look at it. To mean it sounds like this could end up to be a major problem if the tune isn't done right.
The majority of the kit was purchased from another is.net member back in august(it was older srt kit). I talked to Ray at PFS briefly last week about some things. For the time being, im just crossing my fingers with this new shop and hoping they get this shit right.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
seriously.. if i were you, I'd drop it off at SRT and let them salvage was is salvagable and finish the install.

·
Registered
847 Posts
that sucks to hear your horror story but you living that close to PFS and SRT and not taking it to them is your first mistake. Hell if I lived that close to PFS or SRT i'd take my car up there to get tuned right now instead having to waste my money on tuners who don't know squat about tuning an is300 but I'm 13 hrs away.

Good luck with your car hopefully this new shop does you right if not take it to the "Real Pros" (PFS & SRT) and let them take care of it.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
sorry to hear about your issues with your quest for boost, not to rub it in but...it just goes to show you from the get go you should've taken it to an experienced tuner who is fimilar with the is300 in your general area, like srt/pfs....good luck..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts