Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title states im looking for a good reputable place with good pricing and experience tuning with the Greddy E manage Ultimate... looking to hear from people that have had their work done there not just by hear say... im not all about just leaving my car anywhere without any feedback..cant afford to risk my engine on a bad tuner

thanks guys

mike

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
like the title states im looking for a good reputable place with good pricing and experience tuning with the Greddy E manage Ultimate... looking to hear from people that have had their work done there not just by hear say... im not all about just leaving my car anywhere without any feedback..cant afford to risk my engine on a bad tuner

thanks guys

mike
PM Malik. His reputation with tuning our engines is one of the best.

Ive had him come to my shop before while I ran one of his customers cars on my dyno.

As far as install, most shops and install a turbo. I work with* EF1 Motorsports in Signal Hill if your looking for a shop. We are home Technik Superchargers (aka G power and Rennsport) mainly we do BMW's and Porsche supercharging but the Japanese motors are easy. They are also home to M spec. (builds race cars/full show cars for private customers all over the world)

Call EF1 (562) 424-3378 Ask for Steve Boon and make SURE to tell him Chasen with the M3's sent you for a turbo install on you IS.

PM me and Ill give Steve a heads up so he can work out some better pricing.

*With not at EF1, I only run the dyno for Fab and recommended the customers that buy FI or race parts for installation.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
PM Malik. His reputation with tuning our engines is one of the best.

Ive had him come to my shop before while I ran one of his customers cars on my dyno.

As far as install, most shops and install a turbo. I work with* EF1 Motorsports in Signal Hill if your looking for a shop. We are home Technik Superchargers (aka G power and Rennsport) mainly we do BMW's and Porsche supercharging but the Japanese motors are easy. They are also home to M spec. (builds race cars/full show cars for private customers all over the world)

Call EF1 (562) 424-3378 Ask for Steve Boon and make SURE to tell him Chasen with the M3's sent you for a turbo install on you IS.

PM me and Ill give Steve a heads up so he can work out some better pricing.

*With not at EF1, I only run the dyno for Fab and recommended the customers that buy FI or race parts for installation.
would not do that if i were you... that guy Malek likes to use black tape... he used black tape inside my fuel tank and all throughout my car.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
do not go to malek, get the turbo kiit installed, then contact teckis300 aka paul, and have your car towed to him to get it tuned properly. he knows his shit.

malek however, if you want to have issue after issue, call him. dangichris had him tune his car, and had more problems then letting a family or rats loose inside the engine compartment. please trust this, and dont call him. if you want someone that knows how to install a turbo setup nicely, i can do it, or you can contact my buddy gabe in ontario. he got layed off from his shop and is doing side jobs right now, so i know he can use the money, he also does a good job. i call him when i need an extra hand and he does a fantastic job. he can do the install for you, then call aaa and have them tow it to paul, which is about 90 miles away in san diego. if you have aaa premier the tow is free. then have paul tune it, and go . if you want gabe can tune it so it is driveable, but he doesnt tune to the caliber that paul does. lmk man, i dont want to see you go down the wrong road here. too many people like malek take shortcuts to get it done quicker. he tapes all his connections, no solder or anything, and drills the pan without removing it. thats a major nono. good luck

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
do not go to malek, get the turbo kiit installed, then contact teckis300 aka paul, and have your car towed to him to get it tuned properly. he knows his shit.

malek however, if you want to have issue after issue, call him. dangichris had him tune his car, and had more problems then letting a family or rats loose inside the engine compartment. please trust this, and dont call him. if you want someone that knows how to install a turbo setup nicely, i can do it, or you can contact my buddy gabe in ontario. he got layed off from his shop and is doing side jobs right now, so i know he can use the money, he also does a good job. i call him when i need an extra hand and he does a fantastic job. he can do the install for you, then call aaa and have them tow it to paul, which is about 90 miles away in san diego. if you have aaa premier the tow is free. then have paul tune it, and go . if you want gabe can tune it so it is driveable, but he doesnt tune to the caliber that paul does. lmk man, i dont want to see you go down the wrong road here. too many people like malek take shortcuts to get it done quicker. he tapes all his connections, no solder or anything, and drills the pan without removing it. thats a major nono. good luck
i learned the hard way... then he lies and tries to change things around. do a little search

·
Registered
558 Posts
yes i have had my bad experiences... But i suggest if your going high boost try to go with a standalone.. if around 7-8 psi use a safc2 with a rrfpr and you can have a like stock setup. I got my haltech working pretty well now with a local buddy that knows a bit about tuning... im going higher boost and need timing control and all that so im waiting for my proefi to come in.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts

It's funny how much talking goes around this board when the person (Me) doesn't frequent here anymore or any of the people who have been around here since this site was called IS300.NET. The reasons why are very apparent now.

Who are you? Have I ever done work for you? No. So you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Mikeeymike? Read his thread. I can find the link for you if you like. I don't like to criticize a customer, but he is one person that isn't satisfied anywhere he goes, unless it's done for minimal money. Sad, but true. I am confident his stories are fabricated, as well as so many other things he claims. His claims were contradicted when I provided him proof in his own thread. If I had to prove my quality of work and honesty to everyone, it would become a full time job for me. I don't have this kind of time.

Chris? I wasn't aware he had a bad experience? Last I spoke to him (2 weeks ago) he asked me to install his TEC3, but he was having difficulty finding one. Rats in the engine bay? What are these stories??

The stories that come from some of you are borderline ridiculous. If these people have had "bad" experiences, the first thing they would do is contact me first to have it dealt with. If they don't, then there is nothing that can be done for them. Posting on a forum doesn't solve their problem, and most certainly does not hurt me or my business.

Once the knowledgeable old timers leave a forum, a new batch of people, who once looked up to and admired (or hated) the knowledgeable, come on here talking big game and trashing the older guys, and that's the nature of every car forum. Many of the people on this forum would have no clue where to begin or how to modify or tune a car if it wasn't for some of the key assets of this website. Little by little, the constant immaturity from this site has caused us to leave.

Take care,

Malek

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It's funny how much talking goes around this board when the person (Me) doesn't frequent here anymore or any of the people who have been around here since this site was called IS300.NET. The reasons why are very apparent now.

Who are you? Have I ever done work for you? No. So you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Mikeeymike? Read his thread. I can find the link for you if you like. I don't like to criticize a customer, but he is one person that isn't satisfied anywhere he goes, unless it's done for minimal money. Sad, but true. I am confident his stories are fabricated, as well as so many other things he claims. His claims were contradicted when I provided him proof in his own thread. If I had to prove my quality of work and honesty to everyone, it would become a full time job for me. I don't have this kind of time.

Chris? I wasn't aware he had a bad experience? Last I spoke to him (2 weeks ago) he asked me to install his TEC3, but he was having difficulty finding one. Rats in the engine bay? What are these stories??

The stories that come from some of you are borderline ridiculous. If these people have had "bad" experiences, the first thing they would do is contact me first to have it dealt with. If they don't, then there is nothing that can be done for them. Posting on a forum doesn't solve their problem, and most certainly does not hurt me or my business.

Once the knowledgeable old timers leave a forum, a new batch of people, who once looked up to and admired (or hated) the knowledgeable, come on here talking big game and trashing the older guys, and that's the nature of every car forum. Many of the people on this forum would have no clue where to begin or how to modify or tune a car if it wasn't for some of the key assets of this website. Little by little, the constant immaturity from this site has caused us to leave.

Take care,

Malek
nope you didnt do work for me, nor would I let you do work for me, but i sure had a hell of a time figuring out what the hell you did wrong in chris's car. and why the hell would someone go to you with a problem you caused in their car. I do this shit for a living on diesel trucks and cars all over the state, and the day I screw up a customers vehicle is the day I lose their business.

good luck

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I only installed a haltech in his car and that's it. So let's hear it, what could I have possibly screwed up when he and his dad did his own install?

If Chris has such a big problem? Why is he still calling me for work as recent as 10 days ago?

Claiming another company does bad work to better yourself is a sign of a person in desparate need of business. Instigating isn't going to get you or anyone else far in this line of business.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
On a lighter note, ahem. I can vouch for Mike's friend Gabe. He does a good job, and I would recommend going to him for any sort of install/maintenance. He and Chris installed Chris' turbo kit in 3 days, which is still the same today minus Haltech. Not to mention helping install Chris' new tranny with VB upgrade. He drilled and tapped my oil pan in 2 hours, and there are no leaks to this day. Gabe's a super nice guy, and does a real good job at really reasonable pricing...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Alright whats going on here.. to clear things up i have never said anything about rats in my engine bay wth? lol. I never said anything bad about your work malek, your prices were fairly priced and the install was swell. The only problem was the tuning, and you know it wasnt good malek. I met a local buddy of mine and he was able to tune it a little better and after many hours I got it running somewhat decent. Not your fault, but it was starting to get annoying when I had to drive 2 hours to irvine every time something wasn't right. I did not spread any random ass stories about you malek, the only thing i have said was the tune on my haltech from you wasnt so good.

You are also right when i contacted you two weeks ago about the tec3.. but its impossible to find one for a good deal.. pfs never got back to me and always told me to call back.. thats why Im going to try the proefi which was having a huge sale. I was wanting you to maybe take a look at it and try tuning it, but you said you dont tune anything you are not familiar with, which is understandable.. because im suppose to work with what my tuner is comfortable with.. but the tec3 wasnt possible at the moment and I wanted something new... i heard great things about proefi128. I was hoping you would be interested in giving the proefi a try, but looks like my buddy is willing to play with it.

I have never posted a new thread about you personally malek, like some people have. Just told a couple buddies of my experiences with the haltech after i got it back from you.

OH and also me and my dad didnt do the install. Me and lexguy300 (gabe) did. And he knows what he is doing.. i learned from him and I can damn well install a turbo kit.. which i am doing now for madchyer. I dont think how installing a turbo kit myself with a buddy has to do with anything. You dont need to spend 1-2gs for a turbo install

·
Registered
558 Posts
sorry for double post.. but also just to say rialto mike was of great help. when i have any kind of problems he would try to figure it out for me through the phone, which i appreciated a lot for his spare time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.