Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need some help, in regards to our stock 5spd transmission, will the clutch hold around 300 hp to the wheels? My 5spd tranny got fucked up before at 4500 miles total, and I have new tranny yet I heard so much about our tranny going bad after 300hp to the wheels. I was wondering if its common with the 5spd tranny, and what are the solutions other than swapping the tranny? will adding aftermarket clutch solve the problem? or is my tranny gonna give up no matter wat?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Its all how you drive it. I put 400 to the wheels with a stock 5 speed and upgraded clutch. The 300-350 horsepower limit is for people who stomp the crap out of there are for the most part. There of course are exceptions. Now to answer your question. The clutch will help but the limitations are inside the tranny itself. Besides 300-350 rwhp is crazy power. Push it to 300-350 and leave it. Not alot of cars that can take you. I swapped my tranny because I am pushing well over the 350rwhp line. dyno soon

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
illegalkigga said:
Guys, I need some help, in regards to our stock 5spd transmission, will the clutch hold around 300 hp to the wheels? My 5spd tranny got fucked up before at 4500 miles total, and I have new tranny yet I heard so much about our tranny going bad after 300hp to the wheels. I was wondering if its common with the 5spd tranny, and what are the solutions other than swapping the tranny? will adding aftermarket clutch solve the problem? or is my tranny gonna give up no matter wat?

If you blew your tranny NA... I don't expect it to last long once you boost. Tranny life is directly related to driving style.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
dasgalloway said:
If you blew your tranny NA... I don't expect it to last long once you boost. Tranny life is directly related to driving style.
well, if he had a supercharger it could probably last as long right?

:lol:

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
IS_Dude said:
well, if he had a supercharger it could probably last as long right?

:lol:

Actually, a stock tranmission coupled to a motor equipped with a supercharger will hold an infinite amount of power for an indefinite amount of time.

:p Ass!

·
Registered
353 Posts
dont have to drive easy just dont power shift every gear and when ur done shifting then slame on it but i would not recomend doing a hard 3erd gear pull that guy is like the runt he is weak as fuck bbut 4th gear nail it cause it is direct 4th might be able to hold 600 hp by itself with everyone else just dont slem shit fast clutch up engaged then hit it

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Actually, a stock tranmission coupled to a motor equipped with a supercharger will hold an infinite amount of power for an indefinite amount of time.

:p Ass!

I guess you could say the same about a motor equipped with a turbocharger ;)

P.S.: Your white writing has been exposed :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts