Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
the smoke is probably the oil and grease from your fingers that got all over the turbo blanket when you installed it.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After some hard runs can you guys touch your turbo blankets, or are they still pretty hot?

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
I was able to put my hand on the turbo blanket after some hard runs, no problem. Mine worked really well in keeping down the heat.
Yep I'm using Nick's turbo blanket and I can do the same.

any other advantage to having a yurbo blanket other than protecting hood paint and other electronics as ive seen some sites advertise?
Keeps intake temperatures down so its not super hot air going into the mani, colder the air, the denser the atoms so you can get more power basically.

There is a better explanation but that's a quick general one.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must have a cheep blanket cause that sucker gets hot as hell and after some runs I can't touch it longer than a couple of seconds. Is it because it does not have the spacing in the material and is kinda smashed in between the turbo and the intake pipe? :confused:I don't know why this thing is geting so hot

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
I must have a cheep blanket cause that sucker gets hot as hell and after some runs I can't touch it longer than a couple of seconds. Is it because it does not have the spacing in the material and is kinda smashed in between the turbo and the intake pipe? :confused:I don't know why this thing is geting so hot
Where'd you get it from?

I bought mine from Boost Logic for $150. Great product.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine is pretty much smashed in as well and I can touch mine after driving it all day fine and it not be hot. I bought mine from Boost logic. very good product.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, where did you get yours from, I don't want to buy it from there. I saw 2 listed on Ebay for $110 + shipping. Please let us know.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
will the BoostLogic T4 turbo blanket fit on our turbos from the SRT 2.75 kit??
turbo is Precision SC6176S

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, where did you get yours from, I don't want to buy it from there. I saw 2 listed on Ebay for $110 + shipping. Please let us know.
Don't buy the one off ebay, Thats were I got it! Will be getting a boostlogic one. Dam out 100 bucks, F ebay!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Mine is from Ebay(HassPTP) and I have zero issues with mine. Doesn't get hot to the touch even right after two or three runs to 135+, or driving for hours.

I'm in Arizona also.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
will the BoostLogic T4 turbo blanket fit on our turbos from the SRT 2.75 kit??
turbo is Precision SC6176S
anybody know the answer to this question?

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
anybody know the answer to this question?
Yes, it will fit. They offer 2 sizes, so when you call them ask for the smaller one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
wow! I bought my turbo blanket new for I think $44 shipped to me. It was from thermo-tec....it might be poop...but will give it a shot. eeekkk I hope it works as good as the $100+ ones. Here is a link that i got redirected to from thermo-tec for when purchasing the turbo cover.

https://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=15003/681.0

Also FYI: in instructions it says that when first using the blanket it will smoke a little bit. So dont worry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts