Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i want to run a turbo at 5 psi can a safc handle the task of controlling the fule enogh. i have a set of 440 cc injectors but i dont know if the safc can controll them i allso have a e-manager but the wites are all cut so i dont know were to connect them.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I would take the time to figure out the wires on the emanage. I don't think you can make the injectors work with just an safc. Even if you could it would be dangerous. Take the time and do it right, you'll only be fixing it in the future if you don't

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I have seen some turbo system just running off a SAFC

Would I ever ?

Nope, just get the emanage and call it a day

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Vladisme said:
what problems whould you run into running 440cc injectors with the safc
I think the safc is +-20%? 440 are almost 80 percent bigger then the stock ones. with maybe 330s or so the SAFC would be an ok choice.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Sentinel said:
I think the safc is +-20%? 440 are almost 80 percent bigger then the stock ones. with maybe 330s or so the SAFC would be an ok choice.
it still would have trouble at low rpm's because of the fuel pressure. idle and partial throttle w/ bigger injecters is going to suffer.

i'd get one of the little gadgets toyomoto makes to run the 330's or I'd get an emanage and call it a day along w/ the turboeast fuel thingy and a fuel pump. trying to save a couple bucks in the fuel department isn't a smart idea.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I run my car with a SAFC/turbo east black box/440's just until I get my harness back from Haltech. I do get some break up but overall the car runs pretty good and my AFR's are pretty good.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
tsopmilonakis said:
just get a motec...dont waste your time on an s-afc or even haltech
:suspiciou

is this some kind of a joke?

nice altnick btw :lol:

·
Registered
941 Posts
tsopmilonakis said:
just get a motec...dont waste your time on an s-afc or even haltech
LOL!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
SAFC is +/- 50%

1 - 13 of 13 Posts