Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm soon to be getting a Toyota Altezza with a 3SGE motor. I would like to run a Low Turbo setup say 6-8PSI with stock Internals with a Metal Head Gasket, and a good fuel setup, I was thinking using bigger Injecters and the APEXi Power FC or something.

I would like to get some pointers as to what I will need and info like how much boost the stock internals would take. The car is suppoted to have like 210rwhp Stock, so I just want a little more pep to fly through the revs a little quicker as well as a good BOV to let people know this IS is boosted. :cool:

BTW: how much power am I looking at with 8PSI

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Where r u located n is it a true Toyota Altezza RHD or a conversion of a IS300. If it is a RHD Altezza how did u get it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi I'm not in the US I'm from the caribbean (Trinidad) we can import cars directly from japan. I havn't gotten the car as yet but it is on its way I have to wait a whole month for it to reach, our Port It's the last stop for the cargo ship. :(

and yeah it is a true Altezza :)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
NO wonder I was going 2 say I don't think any1 I know in the states have one. Yeah for sure in the islands u get all the good sh_t. Especially RHD Skylines, Silvias, RZ, Altezza, n etc.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Noojra said:
What doesn't the 3S-GE already come with 210whp
The motor u have the 3S-GE I believe it comes with 210hp it should be the Beams motor designed by Yamaha for Toyota. The other motor for the Altezza is the 1G-FE which is a inline 6 which makes 160hp. The code for your car should be SXE-10 RS200 n is offer in 6spd manual or 5 spd auto n that is the one that comes with the 3S-GE. The other is te GXE-10 AS200 which comes with the 1G-FE n either with 6spd manual or 4spd auto. Here is a website with more info.

·
2,073 Posts
Stock is 210 flywheel hp or approx 160 to 170whp. So with 210whp, hp at the flywheel would be about 260 or so.

The most I've ever seen on a car with stock everything (Trust turbo kit), except the ECU (emanage) was 230whp at 10-11psi. I don't recommend this setup though.

Noojra said:
What doesn't the 3S-GE already come with 210whp

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
RS200AT said:
Confucius say: "It is good for girl to meet boy in park, but much better for boy to park meat in girl."
That made my day.. lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RS200AT said:
Stock is 210 flywheel hp or approx 160 to 170whp. So with 210whp, hp at the flywheel would be about 260 or so.

The most I've ever seen on a car with stock everything (Trust turbo kit), except the ECU (emanage) was 230whp at 10-11psi. I don't recommend this setup though.

Well then what you recomend If I wanted about 300hp at the Flyweel?

·
2,073 Posts
1) 210 liter or bigger fuel pump
2) Apexi Power FC
3) Apexi turbo kit with intercooler option
4) Electronic boost controller
5) Larger fuel injectors (440cc or 550cc)
6) 1.6mm metal headgasket
7) Blowoff valve
8) Uprated clutch & flywheel (TRD etc.)
9) Aftermarket exhaust

Noojra said:
Well then what you recomend If I wanted about 300hp at the Flyweel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am Currently running around 280hp at the fly (230 at the wheels) running .55 bar. I have the Greddy/Trust Turbo Conversion with Intercooler, Greddy Blowoff, Greddy Oil Cooler, TRD Thermostat, Tom's ultra Lightweight flywheel, TRD uprated clutch, TRD Quick Shift, Greddy E-manage ECU, Greddy profec-B boost controller - all on stock injectors/headgasket/fuel pump.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RS200AT Nice info man :) and Zee007 Good looking ride I think I saw that ride on that site before i looks wicked. what your 1/4 mile time?

·
Registered
608 Posts
RS200AT said:
1) 210 liter or bigger fuel pump
2) Apexi Power FC
3) Apexi turbo kit with intercooler option
4) Electronic boost controller
5) Larger fuel injectors (440cc or 550cc)
6) 1.6mm metal headgasket
7) Blowoff valve
8) Uprated clutch & flywheel (TRD etc.)
9) Aftermarket exhaust
Do you really think that 1.6mm head gasket will lower compression enough to run high boost? no point if it it can't cope with 1bar...

But thats nice setup..... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Noojra said:
hi I'm not in the US I'm from the caribbean (Trinidad) we can import cars directly from japan. I havn't gotten the car as yet but it is on its way I have to wait a whole month for it to reach, our Port It's the last stop for the cargo ship. :(

and yeah it is a true Altezza :)
hey dude, I'm from Trinidad too, but I live in Canada now though. My cousin has an altezza, but I think it's as bone stock as mine though LOL.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mr_Singh said:
Do you really think that 1.6mm head gasket will lower compression enough to run high boost? no point if it it can't cope with 1bar...

I realy dont want to run too much boost, what would you recommend?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts