Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Newb here, I own Tuning Trick Mobile Dyno Tuning in SW Florida. Looks like a good forum, hope you can help out as it looks like it is going to be a long weekend, car is suposed to be turdboed and tuned by Sun night.

My friend has droped off an 04 IS300 (2JZGE) and a turbo specialties turbo kit for us to install (We regurlary work on Hondas and Acuras). And of coarse there are no instructions. I havn't scene it yet but my partner has and said these were what seemed to be our 2 biggest concerns (Piping is the next).

Couple of questions.

1- Where does the oil return line go (On the engine side), it doesn't apear to realy have an obvious spot like most cars, or oil pan for that matter.

2- What do you do about the mass air flow sensor, it seems too be part of the airbox. Do I need to hi-jack one from another 2JZ car?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
What kit are you installing in the IS300?

Never heard of that kit :lol:

:suspiciou

When you make the piping, have to make a spot for the sensor

What are you using for management?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
SwapDOHC said:
Hi guys,

Newb here, I own Tuning Trick Mobile Dyno Tuning in SW Florida. Looks like a good forum, hope you can help out as it looks like it is going to be a long weekend, car is suposed to be turdboed and tuned by Sun night.

My friend has droped off an 04 IS300 (2JZGE) and a turbo specialties turbo kit for us to install (We regurlary work on Hondas and Acuras). And of coarse there are no instructions. I havn't scene it yet but my partner has and said these were what seemed to be our 2 biggest concerns (Piping is the next).

Couple of questions.

1- Where does the oil return line go (On the engine side), it doesn't apear to realy have an obvious spot like most cars, or oil pan for that matter.

2- What do you do about the mass air flow sensor, it seems too be part of the airbox. Do I need to hi-jack one from another 2JZ car?

Thanks
turbo specialites?, hope this kit is worth a crap..

What ems is this kit utilizing?

heres a pictures of a pan tapped for return, taken from another thread in which I SEARCHED :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunatly the kit looks like trouble. It will work with A LOT of tweaking.

As far as EMS it looks like a aeromotive fuel pressure reg and an SAFC2, this guy is nuts. The only way I can think of to maybe, possibly work would be to up the fuel pressure and use the SAFC to pull fuel out (They way you would to trick a speed density (MAP) set up). I don't think that motec is in the cards for this guy, what other EMS's work well? Anything cheap that works?

EDIT. Only 6 lbs on a gt28r

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hmmm ........... Greddy E-Manage

You sure you want to get involved in such a project? Might come back to bite you in the ass .....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
4NTOY said:
Hmmm ........... Greddy E-Manage

You sure you want to get involved in such a project? Might come back to bite you in the ass .....

I see this as well :lol:

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
SwapDOHC said:
Hi guys,

Couple of questions.

Thanks
1. On the exhaust side near the alternator there is a circular identation, that's where you should tap for the return. LexISpooled supplied you a good pic.

2. Depending on what EMS you may used, the MAF may not be needed. For piggy back applications, you'll need to weld one in. For standalone, some tuners use it while others don't. If you want the stock ECU to still controll VVTi then you'll need it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the help, information and the pictures..... so far, the end is not in sight yet.As far as the Ass Biting goes I think we'll be allright, I just see this guy spending some more money on some real EMS.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it is most the way on............ and I think you guys were right. this is going to be a pain in the A$$, the devil is always in the details.

I'll post up as we make some more progress.

Again thank you for you input and help.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Like others have suggested, I don't see any chance of this car running properly without a decent EMS. I would suggest having your customer buy one from a reputable IS300 tuner (TE, PFS, Toyomoto) and then installing it on his car. It will be way too time consuming for you guys to figure all that out for a single car.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Depending on the turbo kit, instead of tapping into the oil pan, cant you just use a banjo fitting? I know the greddy kits for most cars come with a banjo fitting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The kit is for the IS300, it's just new and not listed yet. I hate being the guinee pig! We chose to hold up until Monday when we can get pipe routing (Didn't want to cut first and ask later), the map sensor (They forgot to send that) and some mounts for the FMIC.

I will post some pics and he has been advised on EMS. The manifold looks like the SRT set up BTW.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts