Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my s-afc2 installed today and after we put the car up on the dyno and were gonna tune it. After about an hour of trying we were unable to get more horsepower out of it. I was wondering if it could have possible been the fact that i didn't have an o2 simulator for my xerd header or maybe could it have been because we had reset the computer so the computer was still learning and pretty much rejecting the s-afc2? It would really help if anybody with intake exhaust and xerd header with a tuned s-afc could chime in.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
You spent a full hour of tuning. What'r your baseline numbers and what'r your numbers after an hour of tuning.

And what makes you think that after that hour of tuning you should be getting more hp?

·
Registered
765 Posts
could be the O2 for the xerd pipe but don't know for sure. I had my SAFC tuned and i gained some good rwhp because with the exhaust, intake combo i was running i really wasn't helping me all that much and i lost on the bottom end. After tuning i gained power all across the powerband. don't really know whats wrong.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
alext10823 said:
i had my s-afc2 installed today and after we put the car up on the dyno and were gonna tune it. After about an hour of trying we were unable to get more horsepower out of it. I was wondering if it could have possible been the fact that i didn't have an o2 simulator for my xerd header or maybe could it have been because we had reset the computer so the computer was still learning and pretty much rejecting the s-afc2? It would really help if anybody with intake exhaust and xerd header with a tuned s-afc could chime in.
O2 sims installed/not installed will not effect power. You'll only get a cel for no cats.

You should post some of the dyno sheets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well he was adjusting with the af ratio and and for some reason i wasn't making any more power than baseline. I mean i trust he knows what hes doing since he has tuned acouple is300s before. could it possible been because i had just reset the computer when i had it installed like 30 minutes before we went on the dyno.?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
did you see any changes, the afc may not be installed correctly

alext10823 said:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually with adjustments, we had actually lost some power. so we decided to just set back to 0's and he told me to fix the check engine light and he will tune it for free

·
Registered
143 Posts
alext10823 said:
actually with adjustments, we had actually lost some power. so we decided to just set back to 0's and he told me to fix the check engine light and he will tune it for free
he lost power. he is most likely taking your untuned 16.0 A/F and leaning it out to a 28.0 a/f :chill: what type of lambda meter is he using? or does he have the famous "butt-dyno"
skot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts