Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of any shops in ohio that can tune the greddy emu? no one seems to enjoy working the 2j's ecu. the aem ems looks to be the only option around here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive tried pure tuning and accelerated motion (both toledo based shops) and both declined the job and smokeys dyno in akron which refused to even have a conversation about it lol

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
^^ I was gonna say, Toledo seemed like a good option. I never had any work done there but I've chatted with a few who were more than willing to help out and just "talk shop".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, Ill try back with accelerated motion again and see if I can get in touch with Don. I got a call back from a place called slow motion tuning near columbus, they wont do any type of piggy back and recommended the aem standalone, which they just happened to be distributors of, go figure.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
on an IS, sort of. It's a pain - you just have to know what you are doing. It's very difficult to get to work perfectly without going into limp mode. Standalones are very easy to muscle it done. just force the car to do something and it will - doesn't mean it's safe but it runs and makes good power.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
it can handle it, sure. it doesn't change the fact its very difficult to tune for daily driving. takes a lot of time to make sure long teem and short term fuel trims are right. if they aren't your car will go into limp mode every other start or after 2 hours of driving.

some got around it with a ecu reset relay which certainly helps, but its not the real answer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rpd

for anyone in the ohio area looking for a tuner, Steve @ RPD is very familiar with toyota\lexus\scion and has a lot of experience with haltech, as he too is from aulstralia

4403585500 is their number

1 - 13 of 13 Posts