Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how does one go about tuning this car? Ive heard about it not being tunable & needing to run dual Ecus and stuff like that. So is it possible to tune my automatic with this SAFC on stock ECU? Im new to all this so just want to know how to go about it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once again that is dependant on what you are building to. Figure out what you want.
i will. im just seeing all these things that people can do and wonder how to do it. Also i see it says your from Marietta & your name 01 Solar yellow by any chance youre the one i always see on Franklin at the QT if so that thing clean as hell.

·
3,221 Posts
i will. im just seeing all these things that people can do and wonder how to do it. Also i see it says your from Marietta & your name 01 Solar yellow by any chance youre the one i always see on Franklin at the QT if so that thing clean as hell.
No, I cartwheeled the Yellow one I had. I drive a black one daily. If you want to get together and talk. We can. Just let me know.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
724 Posts
Currently running two ECUs on the autos works the best. Buy a “real” stand alone And you won’t have issues running both. Pass on the SAFC. Buy a greddy emanage, aem infinity, link, Haltech, megasquirt, etc..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently running two ECUs on the autos works the best. Buy a “real” stand alone And you won’t have issues running both. Pass on the SAFC. Buy a greddy emanage, aem infinity, link, Haltech, megasquirt, etc..
I really appreciate it, gonna have to do some more research on that. Ive also read that piggy backs were good for autos & that getting a stand-alone would make me lose all OBDII functions. Thought I’d ask since I’m sure people on here know way more than I do lol

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
724 Posts
I really appreciate it, gonna have to do some more research on that. Ive also read that piggy backs were good for autos & that getting a stand-alone would make me lose all OBDII functions. Thought I’d ask since I’m sure people on here know way more than I do lol
Piggybacks were what people ran back in the day and even now because money is the issue. However stand alones are better to take full control over the engine aspects. You can leave the factory ECU in place to run everything else BESIDES the engine. The stand alone will run the engine for you.

Reactions: iTZAiS300

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Piggybacks were what people ran back in the day and even now because money is the issue. However stand alones are better to take full control over the engine aspects. You can leave the factory ECU in place to run everything else BESIDES the engine. The stand alone will run the engine for you.
Oh okay that’s good to know. I guess I need to learn more about standalones. I guess after seeing “lose all functions” it made me not really think about it. But seeing how you explained I could have the factory ECU Run everything besides the engine and run that thru a standalone definitely is great to know. Gotta learn more about how these standalones work then and how I would go about it. Love learning new things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts