Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys knew of any shops in the Austin area. It is quite hard for me to find anything out here as I am from California.

Right now I'm looking for a place that specializes or can get JDM parts.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Especially nowadays the traditional "brick and mortar" storefronts are disappearing for car parts. Obviously the high amount of overhead and risk associated with carrying aftermarket parts deter a lot of businesses from opening just that.

Your best bet is to order any specific parts from an online vendor. When it comes to building and upgrading, a few shops in the area can help you.

From personal experiences I would NOT recommend Boost Logic.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Try protech performance off of mcphaul and north lamar. Ive known them for years. Only place I would trust to touch my car besides me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,

Thought I'd post in this thread since it mentions Austin..ha

I'm located in Austin and I'm finally ready to do some modding to my car. I'm about to tackle the suspension this weekend.
Here is my intro thread:
http://my.is/forums/f93/hello-everyone-442387/

Anyways, was wondering if there are any meets here in Austin, seems like it would be good to know some folks around here who work on their IS's.

And thanks for the info on shops, I will be checking those out.
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Chris,

I'll be moving up to Austin in July. I definitely want to do something to my IS300. Right now its stock like yours. 2003 TCM.

Paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey guys my name is Roy and i have been in the austin scene for years, im always down to meet up. Im currently finishing up my car for wekfest in sept so anyone down to meet up let me know! Beers at bonedaddys is a good time trust me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Roy has helped me out previously. i would listen to him. we've never MET, but he's pointed me in the right direction.
i'm in Austin as well... but my car is in pieces. currently the turbo sits too high and hits my intake piping... (trying to sort that out without losing my strut bar). if ya have any suggestions, fill me in. what sort of manifolds position the turbo correctly? what do you suggest that will allow me to get the space needed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey hows it going, i am Thomas. new owner of an 01 IS300. living in Austin for the past few years. any good recommendations on shops or meets, car shows. any kind of activity in the scene would be awesome!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I dont know how far Austin is from Sealy but my MR2 Spyder is at DD Performance Research. Dave the owner is a Toyo master tech. They have some pretty cool cars such as Mcclearens come in. I was thinking about having him turbo my IS but its my daily and my Spyder is my fast car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead a little bit but I'm an Austinite who just picked up my first (completely stock) IS300 and would be down for some meets or part swaps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts