Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frist off sorry if this is in the wrong fourm, I should know better.

After watching some vid's of the 350 Z and hearing the G 35 coupe I know that I want my IS to sound like that, something deep and throaty not a freaking rice rocket. What should I be looking into to achieve this? I don't know sh*t about exhaust systems so I thought I would ask here first.

·
Registered
660 Posts
try blitz nur spec - it's among the quieter exhausts but still louder than stock and it's a deep, throaty sound... not the high pitch go-kart rice rocket thing... and it's not a fart can - only noticably different from stock to someone looking for it... decent HP gains too... when they're on GB they're $330 shipped and an easy DIY mod.

good luck.

ps - l-tuned is good too but at $600 hard to justify...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for, all I need to know is where I can order these online :D Also do I need to do anything else to the car for the exhuast or just the muffler?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i heard the hks hiper ooo its a lovely sound do a search for it there was a sound clip of it posted not too long ago . . . .

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Do some research before you jump in and buy based on one persons opinion. You can however, be confident that none of the exhausts for the IS will sound ricey because of the nice inline 6 we have.

Some good ones to look into are:

HKS Drager II
HKS Hiper
Greddy EVO
JIC titanium
Ltuned

Each have a distinct style and sound.

Here's a clip of what the Drager sounds like 3 ft away from the tip.
http://home.san.rr.com/chingker/HKSDragger2.wav

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great recommendations guys, the one with that sound clip sounds beautiful :D The thing I need to know is where would I look online to buy some of these?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
cmondamnit
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing