Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any diy for installing the tte door sills? I heard that I need to tap into a 12volt dome light wire? Where is the wire to tap...Any help would be greatly appreciated! The tte install instructions are totally screwed up and confusing! Some real photos may help...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone ever even installed these bitches? They are gonna look tight but the wiring is not going to be fun!!! Don't know if they are worth the price and headache, either or any help would be great!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...help me please!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You can get the door trigger wire at the light nearest the key cylinder. It is in a 2 pin harness. When you unplug it the light around the key cylinder will go off. Those should have a very low current draw, so interfacing with that circuit shouldn't cause any issues as long as you hook the wires up correctly. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
will do...I got lots of pics to post of my last few projects, just need to find someone else that has these installed! Ltuned girl has them installed, I sent her a pm

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I wanted to purchase these from carson but I thought they were too expensive and didn't want to wait 8-12 weeks. Best wishes though. They should look awesome.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I have it figured out, the diagram from tte is not very detailed...I have to cut the red/white wire, but there are two! I think they are different shades, maybe the one is orange and the other is red? I am just not sure enough to start cutting wires without be reassured...they were pricey from Carson toyota, I got a good deal from a my.is member!

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I think I remember when they were up for sale but I saw the thread too late. You bastard! :lol:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually made a WTB thread and a member contacted me...I was like damn thats cool, this forum needs more members like him...when you are ready to get sell your plp anodized front strut bar let me know!!!

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I'll trade for the door sills. ;)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh snap, nah I wanna keep them...I didn't even get them to glow yet, but let me know if you ever want to!

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I never seen a TTE door sill. Hmmm anyone have pics of it. Im getting anxiety just wondering WTF they look like :lol:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will post pics when I get the done and installed!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump, need some help

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump...need to know what wires to cut and splice...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts