Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising on the street, i saw a 01' TT (new car sticker gave it away) ganging up on the rear, so quickly took it to 80 and after a sharp turn we both hit a red. Once GREEN, we both floored it...REDLINED mine, to about 70 but hit some construction detour (very common in philly) so that was it. I have to admit, the TT has a quicker 0-60, but i think on the turns, my car was tighter.

Afterwards i started to smell something coming out of the A/C...resembled rotton eggs. I took a step out of the car and smelled the engine and it looks like it came from that...should i be concerned? My IS is about 3 weeks old.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All I want to know is who in the hell drives off a dealer's lot, in their new car, with a sticker in the window?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i raced a TT recently and my outcome was a little better than yours.. although, i have the SRT hfi and a hks exhaust.. regardless, i pulled on it from 0-70... i was behind him frm the start..and by the middle of second i was half way past him.. at the end of second..i was right next to him... and kept pulling into 3rd.. and then we hit a curve in the road..and i disappeared... he slowed down... i dont think his car could have handled that curve at the speeds we were at... (i have the tein ha's too)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
TicaLis300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing