Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's try to complile a list of Technical Service Bulletins or information you got on your paperwork which delt with the repair of any issue you were having. If you're having something repaired or replaced, please also notate it here, just so we can keep tabs. This will make it much easier for others to get the repairs when they notice the same issues. Here are some to start. Please add-on.

Front seat squeak/Creak:
NV001-06 FRONT SEAT SQUEAK NOISE

Instrument Cluster Rattle:
NV003-06 INSTRUMENT PANEL RATTLE (REVISED)

Vibrating rearview mirror:
One dealership stated there was not a Lexus bulletin on this, but what they documented on the work order was "CENTER REAR VIEW MIRROR HAS EXCESSIVE PLAY IN IT GUEST STATE
SOP TECH 320
EXCESSIVE PLAY IN JOINT OF REAR VIEW MIRROR
REPLACE MIRROR ASSY
87810-53120"
The last number appears to be a part number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alt Brake pads...

Has anyone changed there brake pads to the new ones they released? If so, how is the braking and performance with the new pads? Less dust as they mentioned? My pads are also squeeky does the new ones stop brake noise?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone changed there brake pads to the new ones they released? If so, how is the braking and performance with the new pads? Less dust as they mentioned? My pads are also squeeky does the new ones stop brake noise?
So anyway, I know its been a while since you posted this question, but yes, I got the new brake pads. The difference in brake dust is absolutely huge. I used to have to wash my car almost every week just because of the brake dust on the tires. Now it doesn't build up even after 3 or 4 weeks. The rest of my car gets dirty first!

As for performance, no difference was noticeable. At first they actually seemed stronger, but that was probably because they were brand new pads. Now they seem like they always used to. Hope that helps anyone who hasn't gotten this TSIB yet... it's totally worth it.

-kbkura

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks soooooo much for your update. I have been debating weather or not to have them changed, your feedback help me make my decision.

stamp2k1

·
Registered
40 Posts
So anyway, I know its been a while since you posted this question, but yes, I got the new brake pads. The difference in brake dust is absolutely huge. I used to have to wash my car almost every week just because of the brake dust on the tires. Now it doesn't build up even after 3 or 4 weeks. The rest of my car gets dirty first!

As for performance, no difference was noticeable. At first they actually seemed stronger, but that was probably because they were brand new pads. Now they seem like they always used to. Hope that helps anyone who hasn't gotten this TSIB yet... it's totally worth it.

-kbkura

does it only cover certain model years only? i have an 08 is250 and wondering if i should get the pads changed but dont know if it covers my model year. also im from canada can i use that TSIB page for any work done? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts

-kbkura
When did you get your replaced? I was just told that was an outdated report and is no longer valid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yup, I just had my brakes replaced today due to excessive brake dust. it already had 30,000 miles on it. but since the car is still under warranty, the dealer replaced them no questions asked. thanks herb chambers lexus!

·
Registered
9 Posts
L-sb-0029-10

Took my car in for oil change and some rough idling when i come to a complete stop sometime. Turns out the bearings in the water pump are toast (warranty work) and that L-SB-0029-10 apply s to my car. I have never heard of this but ill take it. I will update this when I get it back.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts