Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that when I pull the lever for the trunk release that nothing happens. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable or should I just take it to the dealer? It works on my key pad, just not in my car. I though maybe it was b/c the was running, but it also didn't work when I shut it off.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Hmm...since the trunk release isn't electric like the other Lexuses, the cable is probably broken. My MR2's trunk release is broken too, but I can live w/o it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by markd:
I noticed today that when I pull the lever for the trunk release that nothing happens. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable or should I just take it to the dealer? It works on my key pad, just not in my car. I though maybe it was b/c the was running, but it also didn't work when I shut it off.
did you use the key on the trunk lately? I think there is a "valet" setting on the trunk key hole that prevents valet parkers from using the trunk release. Go check it out, I think the key hole slot should be vertical in its "normal" setting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts