Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to get those little plastic things off of the inside liner of the roof of your trunk? I keep twisting and turning and pulling the little bastards and they keep trying to rip through the carpet if you try and pull jus the carpet off. Whats the easiest way???? HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would work, but Im tryin to do it right now and not spend any $. Thanks tho. Anyone have any ideas that I could use right now and not have to buy anything?? Things are a pain in my ass

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
As what Scruffy said, just stick your fingers (or screwdriver) behind the felt, and yank them out. They do not twist out. Don't worry if you break them, they are cheap and most auto part stores carry them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I got them out, I knew to just pull them but they are stubborn little things. At first I pulled from the carpet and one of them ripped right through it. Got them out with a fork, worked great.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
well let's see. one of those trim tools costs like 7 bucks at your local automotive store

or sophiesleeps said that he puts a wire through the hoop, then uses pliers to pull at the wires and those clips come out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thanx for all the ideas guys, for something so basic. I knew how they had to come out, jus wanted some ideas so I didn't break anything.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
OSizzle4Rizzle said:
My dinner fork worked pretty damn well.
what did you have for dinner? :bigSmile:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
get it out far enough....then get a shoelace and wrap it around it and then pull....it worked for me when i changed my license plate lights...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts