Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo.

i just installed the 02 OEM rear lip spoiler and my trunk doesn't pop anymore. i called the dealership and they told me that its because there are 2 kinds of torsion bars used for our trunks. one is for a trunk with no spoiler, and the other is for a trunk with spoiler. the dealership sells them for 50 bucks a bar!

can anybody get me a cheaper price for a set of torsion bars?

and for those of you who installed a spoiler- what did ya'll do with this issue? leave it and not have your trunk pop?

thanx

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
hrmmm i might be able to get a a cheaper price but i didnt know they even had different types.........

when i got my RMM spoiler my trunk didnt open anymore......but i just delt with it :-?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aite kuu. holla at me if you can get a cheaper price.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have the stock factory installed spoiler and my trunk doesn't pop up either. sometimes it would and others it wouldn't, it was a crap shoot. since then I added sound deadening and it doesn't budge an inch when I release it. It barely stays open too, cause it's too heavy. I just learned to live with it. I was thinking about putting some spacers (washers?) under the mouting points to see if it would give any more leverage but I never got around to it.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I had a spoiler installed on my car when I bought it from the dealer.. my trunk has never popped up since day 1. But I just deal with it. Why spend the money, when it's not that big of a deal .. just reach down and open it with your hand.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
lift it up yourselves lazy assh*les.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx dh and kraze for your input. i think imma just leave it.

and for xjayx300 v2.5 and sophie, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. get a life.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
jb00gie said:

and for xjayx300 v2.5 and sophie, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. get a life.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
jb00gie said:

if you like pee stained drawls, that is ur prerogative...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
jb00gie said:

huh what does that mean?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
DHCrocks said:
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
jb00gie said:

huh what does that mean?
drawls>>> :-? :-? :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts