Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I hate that stupid thing in our trunk. :-? I can't believe LEXUS engineers, as smart as they are, fucked up so bad! :pissed: In my 98 honda accord the center armrest folds down and all you have to do is pull on a little door to gain access to the trunk. :eek:

Our focking pass thru is zipped ( overzipped in my opinion ) and has a damn door on the inside of the trunk. It is a pain in the ass to close once opened. I have given up! :-? I am planning on taking a sharp razor and cutting the plastic zipper section off so I can get easier access to my trunk area as well as finally be able to close the damn little door that allows access to the trunk. Am I crazy or do other people experience the same F'ing thing? :cry:

Let me know what u guys think...

·
Registered
960 Posts
LX4U2NV said:
Man, I hate that stupid thing in our trunk. :-? I can't believe LEXUS engineers, as smart as they are, fucked up so bad! :pissed: In my 98 honda accord the center armrest folds down and all you have to do is pull on a little door to gain access to the trunk. :eek:

Our focking pass thru is zipped ( overzipped in my opinion ) and has a damn door on the inside of the trunk. It is a pain in the ass to close once opened. I have given up! :-? I am planning on taking a sharp razor and cutting the plastic zipper section off so I can get easier access to my trunk area as well as finally be able to close the damn little door that allows access to the trunk. Am I crazy or do other people experience the same F'ing thing? :cry:

Let me know what u guys think...
I think you must be crazy. My 14 year old daughter can operate the little door. You would appreciate that zippered isolation if you were sticking a slushy, muddy set of skis in there.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I've never used it, but I really wish we had fold-down rear seats. That would be nice.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wjbertrand:
I think you must be crazy. My 14 year old daughter can operate the little door. You would appreciate that zippered isolation if you were sticking a slushy, muddy set of skis in there.
U are an idiot. :lol: Your 14 yr old daughter is probably smarter than ur noobie dumbazz. READ MY ENTIRE POST!!! Its not the door I am having a problem with. It is the "zippered Isolation" as you like to call it, that bothers me. The damn thing is hard to fold up and tuck inside of the door. FYI, I don't ski and if lexus engineers would have a little sense the back seats would fold down so we could put something linger and wider in our trunks besides skii's

·
Registered
204 Posts
DJPoop said:
I've never used it, but I really wish we had fold-down rear seats. That would be nice.
Ya know, it seems most higher class cars don't do fold down rear seats... The only reasons I can think of are for security (not as easy to access the trunk), or perhaps it limits how you can design the rear seat.

I wonder...

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
is there an option of "i'ma fill that shit up" to vote for? :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Structural rigidity, bro. And cost savings, to some extent (you gotta applaud Lexus for not skimping on the leather, though...check the seats out, you won't find "fake" leather anywhere!). The zipper/bag thing, and the folding door, bug me so I took them out. The bag is attached with around 5 screws, you have to take out the seatback cushion to access them. The door just pops off it you pull on it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
ccunning said:
DJPoop said:
Ya know, it seems most higher class cars don't do fold down rear seats... The only reasons I can think of are for security (not as easy to access the trunk), or perhaps it limits how you can design the rear seat.

I wonder...
for safety and rigid
my mercedes benz also has a sheet metal & frame behind the rear seats

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
just for all you smartasses to know, if the seats folded down and we had complete access to the trunk from the passenger compartment, we would no longer be driving a sedan! it would essentially be a hatch! and shit gets noisy back there when you are carrying cargo.

·
Registered
960 Posts
LX4U2NV said:
wjbertrand:
U are an idiot. :lol: Your 14 yr old daughter is probably smarter than ur noobie dumbazz. READ MY ENTIRE POST!!! Its not the door I am having a problem with. It is the "zippered Isolation" as you like to call it, that bothers me. The damn thing is hard to fold up and tuck inside of the door. FYI, I don't ski and if lexus engineers would have a little sense the back seats would fold down so we could put something linger and wider in our trunks besides skii's
Hey, :lol: you asked!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
detroitpoop said:
Structural rigidity, bro. And cost savings, to some extent (you gotta applaud Lexus for not skimping on the leather, though...check the seats out, you won't find "fake" leather anywhere!). The zipper/bag thing, and the folding door, bug me so I took them out. The bag is attached with around 5 screws, you have to take out the seatback cushion to access them. The door just pops off it you pull on it.
Hey poop! thanks for the advice. I didn't think about structural rigidity but it makes sense. I still can't stand the zipper bag thing so I am planning on taking it out! I orginaly was going to use a razor blade and just cut it out but thanks 2 u I can remoe it without cuts for a clean look. I am planning on leaving the folding door in place. I appreciate the feedback and instructions for removal! Peace!... :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
take out the backseat and remove the whole ski pass through mechanism. A lot of us with subs have removed it becuase it vibrates too much.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
can someone explain how you removed the middle cushion thing to gain accept to these bolts to remove the zipper?

and the folding door, you just pull on it and comes off????

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
take off the bottom cushion, unbolt the back part of the seat and lift up and you'll have access to the bolts. there's instructions out there somewhere (try mobiletronics), i'm just too lazy...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've always toyed with the idea of...

Swapping out that pass through with the fridge from the LS430, now that would be at least somewhat useful :D

Nothing like 2 mini bottles of wine to help with the ambience at lookout point :wink:

but remember drinking and driving is bad :shame:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
detroitpoop
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing