Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to many car show's and i see some car's that made there trunks open differntly they go stright up and back instead of the original way.

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this? How much does it cost? How hard is it to do?
Ive heard from someone, Who did not have this done to his car, but he belives it causes water to leak into the trunk, any truth to his statment?

If you could answer these questions for me it be much appreciated. If you got a pic of it done on a IS300 please post.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know from expiernce that it will make the trunk not close good anymore? im getting a 10w7 with a 500/1 Xbox etc in the back in a custom box with lighting and i think the trunk mod will make it look really good.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
if you do it right, it wont effect the closing of your trunk.

i have installed these kits before, and I even installed one on my IS but took it off cuz i had no need for it.

all you do it drill holes in the arms that hold the trunk up and put any sort of pin to hold it, then take out the stock bolts. remove the pin and the trunk will flip down like you see it in the pics, then flip the trunk back up, insert pin, and its back to normal. theres no real "kit", just people on ebay trying to make money to sell you a few bolts.

but i agree with WhiteLex, its not worth it and looks kinda dumb. maybe if you have an all out show car, but other than that I wouldnt do it.

but its your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.