Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, need help....I own an 04 IS300 and I noticed on the left side of the trunk, there is dripping water after the rain....I read thru some posts with similar problems and tried applying silicon to the left side where the gasket meets the metal, checked the rubber seals, etc....NOTHING HAS WORKED......here is a pic of what it looks like after rain(or a car wash).

It’s inside the trunk, NOT underneath the side covers so I don’t suspect it’s the sunroof drains(right?).....and it’s a dripping type of leak.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!!!

·
Mr. Roo
9,582 Posts
Mine does literally the same thing, ever has since I crashed it into a concrete wall many years ago. But only when the car is inclined sloped forward. I figured I just busted a seam or something, but I have never for my life been able to find the leak. I've tried all sorts of things, including spraying "great stuff" expanding foam in there. Granted, the leak is very small. But I just accepted it, since it's just the trunk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tighten down your bolts for the rear spoiler if you have one. It will require removing the trunk cover and using a 10mm long socket 4 bolts. As the gaskets wears and the car ages and rattles these screws loosen over time. Its worth a try and easy fix if it solves it Good Luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have this same problem, same side... I'm going to try and tighten up the spoiler bolts when I get home. I cleaned the drains out pretty well already. Mine will get wet in the lower area closer to the wheel... I ended up just popping the rubber piece out to let it drain and stop the rust buildup.

Mine is a salvage vehicle and was in a wreck in the rear end before, so that could be my issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts