Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS300.NET:

I don't own an IS300 (Yet, anyway!). But, I was looking at my friend's SBM IS300 today and noticed this green latch on the inside of the trunk. I got into the trunk, he shut the lid, I pulled the latch and came out. It was pretty cool how it glowed in the dark.

Can someone explain to me what the hell that latch is for?

This isn't a Lincoln Continental or anything, or any other mafia car
. What the hell is it used for? And plus, do regular sized humans fit into the IS300 trunk anyway?

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
More and more cars are getting these trunk release latched. Actually I think it's a great idea. A few years back there were a series of deaths caused by people becoming stuck in car trunks. Air ran out and they eventually died of suffocation. Many of them were children who were playing hide and go seek or simply climbed in just to see what it would be like. These handles are designed to help avoid these tragedies.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by merlin3008:
More and more cars are getting these trunk release latched. Actually I think it's a great idea. A few years back there were a series of deaths caused by people becoming stuck in car trunks. Air ran out and they eventually died of suffocation. Many of them were children who were playing hide and go seek or simply climbed in just to see what it would be like. These handles are designed to help avoid these tragedies.
I see. That is very good thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts