Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have to practically slam the trunk to actually close it? I've realized that I've been driving with the trunk open a couple of times. Thought it might have been me accidentally pressing the release button, but when I looked carefully, I found that determining whether the trunk was closed was deceptive. It looks closed at a glance, but often its not. I now slam the trunk and then lift it to check.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, it does take some force to put the trunk down .. But I haven't had any problems with it not staying closed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought I was the only one who had the problem. With my wife's accord I let the trunk drop an inch and it closes. With the IS I have at actually slam it.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
this happens to me a little, and I know what caused it...

Coming back from a ski trip I had a bunch of peoples in the car and a ton of gear. One of the guys tried to force it to close (one of the support arms was blocked by some stuff) and I totally freaked, and did it myself. After that day, my trunk can be a bit finicky on closing, and I think it's because the latch no longer lines up with the "loop" in the trunk deck. I don't know how to fix it, but try to visually inspect the loop as it drops towards the latch, or drop a plumb line from it and test that it is on-line with the latch... if not, i think a manual "tweak" might get it to line up again. I did that and I have minimal issues with closing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts