362 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
362 Posts
They can. I just would take the rack off when ever its not in use. Some of the racks you can adjust so that the pads will sit on the licence plate. If your interested in the Bones rack I may be able to get you a deal. PM me

·
Registered
326 Posts
hi lilaki-

i checked out the thule website and couldn't find anything for the sportcross. could you post the link or a model number?

thanks,

ricky

lilaki said:
i've checked thule's website and apparently the only one for our car is a roof rack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This might not apply but I'm sure there is roof rack system that works out there.
Here is a picture of the Team Jelly Belly sportcross with a roof rack.

Cheers,
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
hi sonicsypder-

i wonder how that mounts to the car, do you need to drill holes in the roof? it would be nice to have, but as you said, a bit too much money.

ricky

sonicspyder said:
Way $spendy, tho. You could be close to a grand after its said and done.[/url]

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Who needs a trunk mount? We have a SportX!

I imagine any hatchback model will fit though if you looking for a trunk mount.

The Yakima Q tower for the roof, pinch the door jamb and the roof. No drilling is required, but I heard the "feet" do scratch your roof over time. If I were going to do it, I would go this route.

Or if you want to be mad JDM y0!, you could get these for $700 plus shipping @ http://lexusparts.stores.yahoo.net/sporroofrail.html They don't look too functional though:

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Here is more of the Jelly Belly car and the Yakima racks. Looks like from their website, they are not using the SportX anymore :( , they are using the new IS sedan.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yakima, Thule and Saris all make great roof racks, the Saris is a bit more streamlined. If you put one on plan on leaving it for the life of your car. Ive never had the pads scratch (they are pinned down so tight) but the paint around them will be faded vs where the pads rest.
I used to own a bike shop

·
Registered
180 Posts
bike rack

Ok, I have a sadan but love the sport x and till thid day im kicking my self for not getting one. First off, I dont understand why wont you just put the bike inside. I know that puting a hitch on a lexus is a sin,
but i did just that and then bought a hitch rack system from 1upusa.com, its all aluminum. a bit on the $$$ but top notch.
this has been working great. putting a roof rack on the is300 is
a true sin. if you want pics just email me at

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
digitalnorbs said:
bought a hitch rack system from 1upusa.com, its all aluminum. a bit on the $$$ but top notch.
this has been working great.
This thing is pretty high tech! $450 is a lot of dough though. I think it is in the Yakima territory, but then you have to buy the hitch and have it installed.

http://www.1upusa.com/1upusarackhome.htm

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey all,

i should have clarified -- i need to transport TWO bikes. so while the SX is great for one bike, it's not so great for two. hence, i need some sort of rack system.

i think i'm leaning towards a trunk rack with straps though. seems to be the easiest method. hitch and SX don't mix for me.

tks for all the input.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts