Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the leasing option showed up in most posts I decided to call a dealer friend of mine and ask him what the residual value is going to be.. I got scared
Ready.
well for a 2 year or 24 months is going to be 60%
For a 3 year 36 month is 55%
For a 4 year 48 month is 48%
I called my Credit union and they told me the original quotes they gave me were based on a Higher estimated Residual values. they will honor it yet the price of lease was higher.

With 2% cap reduction and paying MSRP the cost of the lease with No money down and $1000 for taxes and other DMV Fees it was the following

Leather/Ecsaine Trim Interior, Homelink System, 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver & Passenger Seats
-- Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
-- Limited Slip Differential
-- Heated Front Seats

36 months = $690
48 months = $615

Man does that sux

I wish ALG makes the residual value higher.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
423 Posts
My dealer told me that they have 6 banks who have so far set residual values varying from 55% to 64% (the latter number is from Lexus finance). My lease cost is worked on the highest residual (although with a hefty interest rate of 9%). There may be more and better residuals/rates in the next few weeks, but I need a car now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I am waiting untill they make a solid Residual value. My rep at the Credit Union told me to wait for a month or so till they get the real values from ALG.. She said they are lowballing it to cover the banks ass if it was wrong.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer here quoted me (2nd quote) on a fully loaded IS300:

36 months,12K miles per year, $3,500.00 drive off, $542.66 including tax with a 700pts credit rating. Don't know the residual but does it really matter if I will return the car for sure???

Original quote was $3000 higher (total monthly payment plus down) but it's for 48 months so I guess it works out to be the same since I'm paying $3000 more for the one extra year of depreciation. However, it's $1000 cheaper than your quote TEG...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
S Flavor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing