Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of days I've been researching the TRD Sportivo Kit for the IS300. As many of you know Carson Toyota sells those (there vendor being TRD USA). As a heads up, the part number indicated on the TRD USA website (00602-48000-018) is the Sportivo Kit for the GXE/SXE Chassis and not for the JCE10. I confirmed it with TRD when I called up and asked a series of questions, notably color of springs, sways, and spring rate. Color for the p/n mentioned above is:

springs = white
shocks = blue
sways = white
spring rate = 5.3kg/mm front, 5.7 kg/mm rear

What cdawg mentioned in his prior posts regarding the Sportivo kit is right. The GXE/SXE does not come in the blue springs and sways as previously mentioned. On other online stores that sell the Sportivo, you see the blue parts, have you noticed that the shocks themselves are for Mcpherson Struts and the springs are for the Mcphersons?

The kit that Technotezza purchased, the JCE10 model had a part number of (00602-48000-019). (thx Technotezza) The only true way of knowing whether you got the right kit is if on the box you see the following numbers:

48030-JE100
48130-JE100
48800-JE100

Technotezza confirmed this as well.

After everything gotten straightened out with Carson Toyota and TRD USA, I ended up ordering (from Japan) the JCE10 kit (minus the sway bars). The JCE10 kit can be purchased in piecemeal fashion, not the SXE/GXE kit that TRD USA sells. Cost for shocks are $435 and springs (8.8 kg/mm front, 7.9 kg/mm rear) $285 with a 6-8 week delivery time.

Believe what you want. But these are the facts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So what's your point? Do you mean that even though I have the white sways, blue shocks, and white springs, those are still not for the JCE10? Unfortunately I don't have the box anymore so I can't compare the part numbers. Is it a problem if I don't use the kit designed for the JCE10? The only thing I've noticed is that one of the springs or shocks squeaks when I exit the car, and the suspension is louder than the stock one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.