Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch! While awaiting a traffic light here in Austin, a commercial truck starts rolling back towards my IS250. I blew my horn trying to get his attention but had no time to safely back up (heavy traffic all around). Got a good dent on the hood just above the grille. I filed claims at my insurance company and other driver's insurance company and I filed a crash report with the Texas Department of Safety. Now let's see if I get my $250 deductible.

Lexus of Austin recommended Autocraft Body Werks for repair. Any Austinites familiar with this body shop?

Sigh.....

Reactions: Jekyl

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikecolorama,

Thanks for your sympathy. At least my baby isn't a virgin anymore. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
damn that sucks. Yeah hopefully your insurance will take care of you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That sucks dude. I feel for you man.:( I almost had the same thing happen to me but at a drive-thru. Some Jeep was backing up and I was honking the horn like crazy. I couldn't reverse because their was also a car behind me, but nothing ended up happening except the Jeep followed me all the way home for some reason. I know I know I could have sped off but I totally cant get any more tickets...

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
That sucks!!! I hope everything works out ok. Just stay in touch with the people/shop you are having the work done at and make sure it is done right. Remember, the repair isn't done till your happy with it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
dont forget after your car is finished to file a diminished value claim. You car will need paint and repair work and that makes it worth less. It cant be a certified Lexus for instance.....and that will cost you money on a trade in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts