Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed today as i pulled out to the main road when i stomp on the gas pedal the car did not react. I kinda sounded like it was hesitating to pick-up speed. but it eventually sped up. Just took longer than usual to get up there. Any ideas what it could be? anything would be helpful to know before i start easter egging the ship out out of it. There's only two things "I think" might be wrong with it.
1. Spark plugs need change out.
2. time for a flush in the tranny.
I havent had the time to do any major maintenance on it but is scheduled for one soon.

If anyone had run into this problem before and might have fixed it or know what it is, that info would be great. thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
How many miles are on the car?
Did it sound like the car revved and the tranny didnt react or was it the engine that had no response to the pedal?
When was the last maintenance performed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it sound like the car revved and the tranny didnt react or was it the engine that had no response to the pedal?
It sounded like both. I am not sure. but when it starts to respond it starts of very slow (mph) then starts to pick up

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is at a 120k. I had done a tranny flush at 100k and i do my oil change every 3k. I just got done with the oil change last month. the car was bought at a cold weather and is currently in hot weather all year round now.
I dont know if this might help but when the car does pick up, from around 3rd to 4th gear it feels like the clutch plates are slamming in between shifts. like a jerky movement. kinda like late shifting and heavy on the gas pedal kinda feel.
Its just that this car was never sluggish on the first two gears when i first bought it. It kinda worries me that my tranny may be going out.

But when i change it to E-shift and bring it down to first and second it is fine.. not sluggish at all. just on drive.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Very well could be your tranny bro??? But I would start with changing the plugs and a tranny flush. When you change your tranny fluid look for any debris when you drain it... and it seems normal when your in Manual mode?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.