Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried the tree sap/bug poop remover and it did not workvery well ...its been on for like three weeks now...its to the point where the paint may scratch if i try any more...does anybody have suggestions on how to clean this? besides repainting the roof?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
it ruins your paint. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
it ruins your paint. Good luck.
yah, rnrstar get rid of that shit fast, not hard to do. Make sure you wipe and hose off the part that you apply strong chemicals too. (ie. break cleaner, prosolve, some tree sap remover stuff)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m wondering the same thing. I have to park between 2 oak trees and my car is completely covered in those black dots. I found online about using clay bars. But it’s a difficult time consuming issue for me. I have searched the internet and can’t find whether or not I can use a buffer instead of doing it all manually.
Does anyone know or have a suggestion?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I’m wondering the same thing. I have to park between 2 oak trees and my car is completely covered in those black dots. I found online about using clay bars. But it’s a difficult time consuming issue for me. I have searched the internet and can’t find whether or not I can use a buffer instead of doing it all manually.
Does anyone know or have a suggestion?
you can use a polishing glaze for base coat/clear coat paint. Once done you will need to wax the car again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts