Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get a few comments from people who own the TRD yellow sways. I realize that the is300 is set up to understeer out of the box, so what effect have the yellow sways had on that aspect of handling? Are you finding that the car is now simply "neutral"? or does the thickness of the rear bar give the car a tendency to oversteer now?

Also....owners of the hotchkis bars can chime in with their comments as well! :D

·
Threadlocker
8,046 Posts
I feel like there is a little bit more oversteer, but the car is definitely closer to neutral than with the stocks. I can say that it is much much easier to knock the rear tires out of traction now as compared to before...

The main benefit for me personally with the sways is that the car is much more stable in corners. I feel safer when the car isn't leaning like crazy when taking a corner at high speeds, for some reason... :lol:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I love the yellows! I think it compliments the Tein Flex very well. When I only had the sways on, there was a bit more oversteer. But with the coilvers, it definetly is neutral. I can now take those twisty roads with more confidence.

·
Founder
8,579 Posts
The Yellows are great. I'd recommend them over the Hotchkis ways only if you're not the most aggressive driver. They're still WAY better than the stock sways. Just the Hotchkis are a little stiffer than the TRD, but the TRDs are already MUCH stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
536 Posts
amazing. so far my favorite mod.
:chill:

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
damn I've been hearing so many good things about these TRD yellow's... i thought they were stiff as hell??? someone told me he didnt' like them because they were too stiff.... but this thread makes me want to reconsider.... :-?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.