Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say up front that I have purchased these sways as well as the HKS Hypermax II coilovers. I wanted to wait to install them at the same time but I also have a Stoptech 355mm BBK that has had me pulling out my hair with my quest to find the perfect wheels with the proper offsets. Well, I gave in this weekend and installed the sways. It was some what a pain because I had a bolt strip on one of the rear endlinks. Ughh, Murphy! An hour later, all fixed and both front and rear installed. After taking my car for a drive, I could completely tell a difference. Hell, even my girlfriend noticed a difference when she drove the car! I asked her to describe, and she said it feels like the car hugs the road and has less body lean when turning. LOL I am very happy with this mod and want to give a big thanks to Luis at Carson Toyota for all the efforts with shipping and getting this item to me here in Germany. Now for a few pics of them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow i am surprised they have them in stock? how much did it cost?
I did take awhile. I had to call Luis a few times to verify when shipments were coming in from Japan. He was very helpful. He even let me know how many were on the way and if all of them were or were not spoken for already. Once they were close to arrival I bought them. Don't quote me on the price, but I believe they were in the ballpark of $450.00. Worth EVERY penny! Also if you miss your opportunity on a shipment, the next one won't arrive until about 2 months later.
Congrats! How much was shipping to Germany?
I am in the military, so shipping to an APO address is the same as shipping in the states. One of the few perks of being in the military.:rolleyes:

·
1,621 Posts
Great to hear that you like them! Hopefully in about a month I'll have mine installed!

Thanks again for letting me know that Carson had some in stock!

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Good to hear just a simple sway install makes a nice handling upgrade.

Reactions: Chigger

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear that you like them! Hopefully in about a month I'll have mine installed!

Thanks again for letting me know that Carson had some in stock!
Mike, did you make the purchase already and are waiting or do you have them already? Put them on sooner than later, trust me!
Good to hear just a simple sway install makes a nice handling upgrade.
You know I was skeptical before installing mine and when reading previous threads and how significantly the car handles. But hey, my girlfriend even made mention of it. LOL So if she gets behind the wheel and notices before I even explain what I was doing with my time Saturday afternoon... I'm confident you will notice the reward of having them installed too! :)

·
1,621 Posts
Mike, did you make the purchase already and are waiting or do you have them already? Put them on sooner than later, trust me!
I made the purchase just after you mentioned that Carson had one more in stock! :bigSmile: I'm just waiting until my car comes out of storage, which will hopefully be at the beginning of april, and then everything gets installed!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made the purchase just after you mentioned that Carson had one more in stock! :bigSmile: I'm just waiting until my car comes out of storage, which will hopefully be at the beginning of april, and then everything gets installed!
That's great. Hit me up when you get it installed. I'm curious to hear what your opinions are. Now I need to get my coilovers on ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, glad you finally got something installed ;) Now start emptying out that storage space and get them parts on your car :D :D
LOL I know right! :rolleyes: I am actually going to do more today. I am hoping to get my LED tails, inners and smoked sidemarkers put in today. Thanks for the encouragement. How's business?
Looks good man. Nice work.
Thank you Sir.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Quick question, are you using the stock bushings and brackets for the sways?

·
1,621 Posts
I also installed a set of TRD sways... thanks to lexusngermany07!!

The TRD sways come with different rubber bushings since the sways are thicker but you do reuse the stock brackets.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Wait.

You let your woman drive your car?

You're a better man than me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts