Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know where u can buy a TRD sway bar. I heard this is the best sway bar...did i hear right or is there a better one....thanx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how are area51 sway bars.... im hearing now that they are the same or better than TRD i thought TRD was the best am i wrong???

·
Registered
805 Posts
no man trd or hotchkis all the way IMO. Just get the hotchkis if you want to spend a little less money. They are stiffer than the trd too if you want that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey i got a price of 369 for TRD sway bars and he is waving the shipping cost can somebody tell me if this is a good price or if i should try to get him lower??They are new

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
red_is300_boi said:
hey i got a price of 369 for TRD sway bars and he is waving the shipping cost can somebody tell me if this is a good price or if i should try to get him lower??They are new
hotchkis are $330.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
red_is300_boi said:
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Sometimes they're hard to come by, and I think I remember seeing them for like $385 or more...

Or, if those TRD's turn out to be a little stiff, you can just trade me for my ltuned ones! :D :wink:

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
The hotchkis sways, i've read that they are hollow... ??
Are they? and how can they be a "tad" bit stiffer than the TRD yellow sways?

·
Registered
463 Posts
yes they are hollow. I just recieved my hotchkis sways. This might be a stupid ? but is the inner hole on the sway for the stiffer setting and the outer hole for soft?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
yes .. .the hole closest to the end is the softer setting & the hole inside that one is the harder/stiffer one....

Hollow yes but if he metallurgy is different it can be hollow & stiffer no problem .. .they could be thicker too than the solid versions of others bars....

hollow can = lighter weight & it's usually a good thing to go lighter...

... but i have no idea which set is heavier or lighter..... :wink:

go irv........

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
hotchki's sways are heavier than TRDs, just in case anyone cares... also the front is a larger diameter than the TRD, which is part of the reason you need to change brackets..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts