Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why didn't they produce it?
What was the problem with the prototype?
With the release of the IS430 - do you think they will try to revisit the idea?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
oneeyejack said:
goldark said:
Why didn't they produce it?
What was the problem with the prototype?
With the release of the IS430 - do you think they will try to revisit the idea?
they're not releasing the 430.
sure they are...

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
I placed an order for my Supercharged IS 430, which should be here at the beggining of the year...

:chill:
the AWD convertible version, no doubt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So, . . . is TRD coming out with a supercharger for the IS300?

I heard a rumor that it is in the works, and should be released soon (couple of months?) . . . but, I'm not sure how reliable this is.

·
8,880 Posts
That rumor is a ghost that has been taunting IS 300 ever since it debuted.

P.S.
No IS 430 any time soon.

·
Registered
973 Posts
miffysnack said:
So, . . . is TRD coming out with a supercharger for the IS300?

I heard a rumor that it is in the works, and should be released soon (couple of months?) . . . but, I'm not sure how reliable this is.
dont wait for this, they have been making this since i bought my car and that was back in 2001 .. it will never come out. also from looking at their sc 's for their other cars, that shit woulda been mad weak. if u want a stock looking one get the PLP SC.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
they do have a prototype that they put on the Kart pace car, i think it made almost 400hp...the production model was going to be ~350hp but then they canned the project and are focusing their efforts on the matrix and corolla...they had issues with emissions and since it's rumored that the I6 is going away and a V6 will be coming, it didn't make much sense to keep working on it

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
edgy said:
I thot YOU were running one of these prototypes a little while back.....?????
yeah, i was able to get one of the prototypes that they didn't install on the pace car...i liked it but not enough power so i took it off and decided to go with a twin turbo that APC makes, i just finished the install last night...I'm trying to get it dyno'd this weekend, hopefully i will have time

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
BOOOMUAFOKKINYAAA!!!!!!!

yo go girl.. .congrats on the new TTTURRRbo setup... keep us posted & throw down the sheet when u get back from the dyno!!! we wanna see NUMBERS!!!

:wink: :shame:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
[quote="ltunedgirlyeah, i was able to get one of the prototypes that they didn't install on the pace car...i liked it but not enough power so i took it off and decided to go with a twin turbo that APC makes, i just finished the install last night...I'm trying to get it dyno'd this weekend, hopefully i will have time[/quote]

Your kidding, right? :eek:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The APC TT kit, eh? I heard it puts out 450rwhp+... good luck with a clutch to hold the power.

Did you get some 18x11" wheels to help put the power down? :chill:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.