Lexus IS Forum banner

Are you interested in a Quality Polyurethane TRD style Front Lip?

• Yes! Definitely! I want to Pre-order already!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Yes, I am interested

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather see a different lip style made

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

I know for a while our only option for the TRD style lip has either been the JDM TRD lip or a hit or miss fiberglass replica.

We are thinking of putting together a group buy to get some quality polyurethane lips made.

Let me get a show of hand of who would be interested in one! :)

Sample for those who don't know.

Hope the member does not mind me using his beautiful car as an example. Feel free to pm me and ill remove it.

Here is the VIS replica ( Not showing the weird middle lip that goes up to the grill )

If you have any other suggestions you would like to see made, pm me and if I receive enough interest I can pass the word along :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I plan to be lowered by the end of the year and would definately like a front lip that won't shatter if I bump anything(fiberglass replicas) or cost a bundle(real trd)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Interested, yes. But pricing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interested as well. But is this going to be modeled after JDM to fit US cars meaning no middle flap (as seen on those ebay replicas)?

Also pricing?

·
Registered
525 Posts
That would be awesome if you could have a replica of the side skirts made as well! I'd definitely be down to grab both since my bumpers are being resprayed in the spring.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I'd be interested, any way to have an option for pre-painted ones?
pre-painting is an option as we are currently in the process of building our paint booth.

pricing will be posted in a new thread in the Zen Motors forum. pricing should be up before the day is over.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Interested, but only if the fitment is good AND it is for US bumpers. If I was going to source a JDM bumper, then I might as well source a JDM lip as well ....

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I would love to have one for my Sportcross. Would pay extra if you could fabricate one for me. With all the new sportcross owners lately....I'm sure we can get more interest. Let me know!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
This is one of the cleanest lips for the IS300, and a good copy of the original is definitely something this community needs. The only decent rep was the JDMEyes/Carfashion lip, and that one had horrible fitment out of the box...and it's discontinued. After having my lip 80% rebuilt, it has excellent fitment. If I didn't already have mine, I would have definitely been down for this as long as it fit properly.

FYI, to those who don't know, it looks like VIS used a picture of an authentic TRD lip on an Altezza for their image. VIS' lip does not look like the one pictured above.

Pre-paint might not be a good idea. I've seen a lot of bad color-matches on cars where the shop actually had the car in their possession. If the bumper has been repainted, or if the color has started fading, things could get even more difficult.

You should also consider making an Amuse lip. That is another one of my favorites, but fitment seems to be crap on what's available.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts