Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got my hands on a used trd japan grill but the emblem looks like it could use a repaint in the word "sports". does anyone have an emblem they would be willing to part ways with? if not should i maybe use automotive touch up paint to freshen things up??? how about affixing a BP L in its place? has anyone ever modified the L emblem so it can be attached and unattached like the TRD emblem? Maybe epoxy some screws to it so i can remove it when i want? suggestions would be great if you have done this before or have a better idea. and if you might have a TRD emblem laying around you want to get rid of please pm me!

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
You finally got a carbon grill that will fit Matt. I would just use touch up paint, it looks like it's recessed so it'll be a little easier. To bad it's not real carbon, are you gonna paint the whole thing?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im working on getting one of the trd grilles now... the guy whos getting me one said just have it clear coated and it wont peel like most of the grilles

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah finally broke down and went for it. esp after the last real cf grill disaster. not a huge fan of the fake cf but i hears it looks pretty close to real cf?? i saw one while at pallisades and it looks surprisingly nice! i think i will slap it on and see what i think. plus i got it for a great price. 100 bones! cant beat that. esp since they are discontinued. and "sports" does look recessed but im hoping someone has one they want to sell me. i was also thinking about using some epoxy to affix some bolts to my black chrome L so it can be removed if i want to go back to trd. anyone ever done this before?? that way i can throw in the trd emblem if i get bored!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kind of changed my question. input?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Reactions: 5spdking

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Looks nice. I think you should try both and then see what one you like best. Im stuck in the same bind. Im not sure if I want to stay with the TRD emblem or go with a BP L.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's my opinion

http://my.is/forums/f90/crowning-touch-cherry-top-completion-my-front-end-351647/

i think if you trimmed the edges of the TRD emblem to fit after dremeling the badge flat it would be really clean, that's what i wanted to do
im not sure exactly what you mean by dremeling the badge. which badge? what trim off sports or something? i want to remove my BP L out of the original housing so the L stands alone for a cleaner look. i wonder if i can do both! refurbish the TRD badge and leave it in place and since it will blend in with the mesh maybe i can leave the TRD too? or is that just too much. guess i really have to wait till i get the grill and start playing around. does the TRD grill have removable mesh???

as far as the L i wouldnt want it to fall off. would 3M be enough?? thats why i was thinking of somehow trying to epoxy some small bolts onto the L so it can be removed when i want with out ruining the mesh!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
my L is 3M taped and it sticks on there pretty tight, except some kid at school pulled it off and put it upside down :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
my L is 3M taped and it sticks on there pretty tight, except some kid at school pulled it off and put it upside down :(
lol sorry, but i find that amusing

for the original topic, I plan on putting an L on my TRD grille when the weather brakes. I was going to epoxy screws and use fender washers and a wing nut like the trd emblem so I can get it nice and centered and remove it if I decide to sell the grille down the road

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what i suggested before. i think i will go this route

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats pretty funny but at least the kid didn't steal it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts