Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is there such a thing as "too stiff" when it comes to sways? I'm just wondering about ride comfort and all. I want to reduce roll but not at the expense of ride quality (it's my daily driver, plus my wife drives it too). I was thinking about getting a complete eibach set up (springs/shocks/sways), but everyone seems to love the trd yellows. Any advice?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been looking for one since August :pissed:
Anyone know where I can get them? Steve (Carson Toyota) still doesn't have them.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
REDHOT said:
I've been looking for one since August :pissed:
Anyone know where I can get them? Steve (Carson Toyota) still doesn't have them.
just sold mine to redlex15 for such a low price...right fran? :wink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
jc_is said:
ok. and don't forget about these blue ones. :)
(yes I know these are the US TRD Technocraft ones)

from the site:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/trdswaybaris.html

TRD Swaybars
*Bar Diameters:
IS300: (Front: 30mm Rear: 19.1mm)
*Stiffness:
IS300: (Front: 49% stiffer Rear: 99% stiffer)
Although those have the same specs as the TRD Race Sways (the yellow ones), why are they selling them for over $100 more? Does blue paint cost that much? :-?

·
Registered
39 Posts
IS300TRD said:
Does blue paint cost that much? :-?

Its hard to catch those pesky smurfs? :lol: (sorry)

I just did a google search and clicked on anything that said they sold TRD sways. Not sure if these are these are the correct specs but I know there are blue and yellow sways since jedi talked about them in another thread.

As for the price, not surprised that you can find a place that sells something for more[/m]. Personally, I would be more suspicious if it was 100 bucks less.

More I read about these things, the better those Sportivo sets that Carson is selling sounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
jc_is
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing