Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the installation instruction for the TRD gauge pod?
I just got my hands on a used one from a member here but he didn't have the instructions. I also didn't get any hardware with it. I believe I'm missing the 4 screws and possibly some type of tape. That's why I need the I instructions, plus so I can get the measurements to drill the holes.

I will be using aem gauges that are 52mm and the pod accepts 60mm. Any ideas on what I can do besides rapping the gauge in lots of tape?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I just got my hands on a used one from a member here but he didn't have the instructions. I also didn't get any hardware with it. I believe I'm missing the 4 screws and possibly some type of tape. That's why I need the I instructions, plus so I can get the measurements to drill the holes.

I will be using aem gauges that are 52mm and the pod accepts 60mm. Any ideas on what I can do besides rapping the gauge in lots of tape?
Well you could just ask that same member u bought it off...that be your sure bet.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
The instructions are terrible. Absolutely useless. I have mine somewhere, but did not touch them. Most of it is in japanese.You're going to have to wing it. It's not hard at all.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The instructions are terrible. Absolutely useless. I have mine somewhere, but did not touch them. Most of it is in japanese.You're going to have to wing it. It's not hard at all.
How did you go about drilling the holes with out the measurements? Did you place something on the tabs underneath the pod to mark the tray once you aligned it. So when you remove the pod, marks are left on the tray in order to know where to drill?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My DIY TRD Gauge Pod Installation

I'll show u mine on the 18th if u will be there. I asked the same Q in here for a while and did not get any response. Please don't do double sided tape LoL.

What you need:

1. 4 Metal Screws ~ 1/2" to 3/4" lenght with big head (might be able to re-use the 2 you took off the vent tray)
2. 4 Screw type washer with tread (kinda square double sided) don't know what they call it.
3. Foam with 1 sided adhesive (to stop the rattling).
4. Phillips screw driver.
5. Blue 3M tape (optional). I always apply this to protect my dash from being scratched up!.

What I did:

1. Remove the dash tray. Lift the lint on top, remove the 2 screws and pull it out towards you.
2. Draw a template of the screw hole on the gauge pod (4 Metal clips with hole) to make that measurement or space in between to be accurate.
3. Make 4 holes on that template and transfer that template on top of the dash tray.
4. Mark that hole with marker.
5. You can use a drill or just muscle it to make a hole on the tray. (I removed my lint tray for good).
6. Now attach the washer w/ tread on the metal clips of the gauge pod.
7. Remove the 2 wiggly A/C vent off the vent tray.
8. Apply some pieces of one sided adhesive foam on the gauge pod.
9. Put the gauge pod on the vent tray and screw IN behind the vent tray. Make sure you level it first before tightening all the screws.
10. Put back the 2 wiggly A/C vent.
11. Now put back the whole pod with the vent tray together. "Snap it in".

THIS IS FOR THE TRD GAUGE POD INSTALLATION ONLY. YOU MIGHT NEED TO RE-DO THE PROCESS AGAIN ONCE YOU PUT YOUR GAUGES.

Someone correct me OR add something please if needed.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Thas the way they do it mostly. Wrap it w/ electrical tape until they reach 60mm OR buy 60mm gauges ;)

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
Thas the way they do it mostly. Wrap it w/ electrical tape until they reach 60mm OR buy 60mm gauges ;)
I bought a small sheet of plastic from home depot, cut it to fit in the pod, then centered and cut the 52mm holes. I then glued the baffle I built to the gauge pod.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
^ Where did u put the plastic sheet? In the front or behind the 60mm hole?

OR did u really narrow the hole itself from the same area where the 60mm holes are then glue it on the back? Damn your good! :):approve:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks alfaromeo3 for those detailed instructions. I was able to install it, but I did it before I was able to read your post. I did it gangsta style! Got some colgate tooth paste, dabbed it a bit on the tabs underneath the pod, then place the pod on the tray to mark where I have to drill. At the end it all smelled pretty good lmao. I didn't use any of that foam tape, let's see if I get any rattle.
I will be going to the meet on the 18th!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great! LMK when it rattles and I could give u some leftovers....

Now we need pics! Did u get it from Anthony at Davie?
Yes, I did get it off Anthony. Could you bring some of your left overs to the meet? It sounds like if you were bringing food lol.
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.