Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my TRD gauge pod (special thanks to Maxxpsi) and im just curious on what the four "brackets" are for? the brackets don't seem to align up to anything...any help will be appreciated...do most of the owners out there use double stick tape to mount it? Thank You in advance!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
why, i have this awesome idea you should try... Ask Maxxpsi how he got it onto his car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maxxpsi told me that he just used double stick tape and he didn't know why there were four brackets either
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
then there is your answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
I thought they fit where the factory screws for the lint tray were located


Not sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seven: yeah but im just wondering if theres a purpose for those brackets and why they're there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phillzpeed: do you think you can send some pictures of your install or anything that could help? the brackets that are on the gauge pod are pretty much 90 degrees so there really isn't anyway i could mount it with the factory screws unless i bend the brackets...let me know if i have anything wrong or if im forgetting something...i'd really appreciate your help and anyone elses that could help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
HALOALTEzZA said:
Phillzpeed: do you think you can send some pictures of your install or anything that could help? the brackets that are on the gauge pod are pretty much 90 degrees so there really isn't anyway i could mount it with the factory screws unless i bend the brackets...let me know if i have anything wrong or if im forgetting something...i'd really appreciate your help and anyone elses that could help.


I looked @ my pod one time or so :lol:

You can bend the metal and it should not hurt it


Would not be worth a boosted owner to pop his pod out IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmm...i might try to bend the brackets then...

i'd still really appreciate it if Phillzpeed or anyone that has the same gauge pod would take the time to look or fill me in on how they mounted theirs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,684 Posts
HALOALTEzZA said:
hmmmm...i might try to bend the brackets then...

i'd still really appreciate it if Phillzpeed or anyone that has the same gauge pod would take the time to look or fill me in on how they mounted theirs.
If your not in a huge hurry I can check it out for you. My roomate left for SEMA today (he works at Mustang Dyno and gets to go for free.... bastard) and he has my camera. I will take pics for ya next weekend.

I am thinking that the only useful brackets are the ones in the front (toward the opening), and it screws into the tray/vent unit. Then you just pop the entire pod/unit back in.

You may have to bend the pod brackets a bit, but it wont hurt anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha...can't wait for SEMA...any chance that you'll be in SEMA sometime?

hmmmm...i'll try seeing what i can do with the brackets for now...

take your time with the pictures...i'll do some experimenting for the time being.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
the instruction manual says that you're supposed to drill 4 holes into your vent unit/dash tray to screw into the brackets. your pod should have come with the screws and the instructions (though i'm sure you can find other ways to mount it if you don't want to drill).

the instructions had all the measurements of where to drill. i just lined it up by eye and drilled the holes. i probably still have the instructions somewhere - i can try to find them if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmm...now im trying to figure out whether to drill holes or double stick tape it...i appreciate the response...it definitely makes sense now why the brackets are there.

yes, i'd very much appreciate it if you could try and find the instructions for me...feel free to take your time though...i'm not really in any rush to put it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
HALOALTEzZA said:
hmmmm...now im trying to figure out whether to drill holes or double stick tape it...i appreciate the response...it definitely makes sense now why the brackets are there.

yes, i'd very much appreciate it if you could try and find the instructions for me...feel free to take your time though...i'm not really in any rush to put it on.
I had no instruction when I got mine to be honest man


aslo, I would take the lint tray take some pics and we can go from there :bigSmile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lining up the holes seem easy enough, but i guess it wouldn't hurt to have the instructions...

i thought about taking pictures as well, but unfortunately...i don't have a digital camera...if i can borrow one from one of my friends then i'll definitely put pictures up.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top