Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got a friend in Hong Kong had a TRD exhaust in his alteeza, he said is too slient then he switch to HKS Hiper.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The TRD's hp gain is very similar to TOM's barrel. Also, the tip of TRD is very similar to our stock tip. My friend tell me he did not feel any big difference in HKS an TRD. But he said may be the sound made him feel HKS is better hp. No dyno prove don't know. In my opinion, you can't compare the Altezza (rumble engine sound)to our IS300 (slient engine sound), if you put a TRD exhaust on your IS300 can't notice much difference in sound and also looking than stock.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Don't go for the TRD. I've asked mechanics in Hk and they say TRD is just selling the name. They said it is much to quiet and not worth the price. I used to have a Remus for the IS200 which is very similar to the TRD exhaust, but it was to quite. Now I've changed to a HKS and I scare the crap outta passerby when they see a Lexus

·
Registered
631 Posts
So, for those of use who want a quiet exhaust, but would like some more power, would the TRD be an option?

It's called a sleeper. Less chance of attracting the police's attention that way.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
good question... i want that too... sleepers are awesome...

------------------
Team TRINITY 2001
2001 Onyx Black IS300
-fully equipped
-Wing
-Limited Edition 18" Volk Racing SE37A
-Pirelli P7000 Supersport
-TRD
-RAZO
-Blitz coming soon

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am also looking for a quiet exhaust but that adds HP. I want something stock. I though the Hyper was pretty close. Hows the TRD?

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
18" Katana Spazios coming soon!
Dont start none and there wont be none!
Public Advocate for IS300.net members

1 - 8 of 8 Posts